The Student Room Group

Are you socially awkward?

Scroll to see replies

I don't think so anymore, but I used to be :tongue:
I am yeah
Original post by loveleest
I am very social awkward indeed. I am pretty sure that some people meet me at first and think I have social anxiety.
major.

Original post by usycool1

how did yeh get out of it.
Original post by stefano865
I've improved a lot.

Bizarrely I could be a genuinely very good conversationalist with some people but spluttering and awkward with others.
what brought about the improvement ...just practice?
I did the same thing... :facepalm2:

I guess I'm not used to people showing an interest in me.
Original post by trustmeimlying1
how did yeh get out of it.

Just threw myself out into social situations and not be afraid to speak. :dontknow: I'm still fairly quiet but at the same time, I'm not afraid to have conversations with people.
Just threw myself out into social situations and not be afraid to speak. :dontknow: I'm still fairly quiet but at the same time, I'm not afraid to have conversations with people.
cool story babes. I find it hard sometimes in work scenarios being cheeky but not crossing the line and being rude ,so I usually stay quiet.

Having met you, you don't come across as socially awkward at all.

And yes, I am.
Yep, I'm literally just sat in a room alone with my uncle in silence. I can't deal with starting a conversation... :colondollar: My whole being is screaming nope nope nope nope nope
I used to be socially awkward
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
So today whilst I was doing my volunteering work this guy (probs 19/20) randomly came up to me and started a conversation. Half way through our conversation he said "my name is ... by the way" and I said "okay" :facepalm:
That was literally my cue for me to say my name but I said "okay"
I literally hate myself for being so socially awkward.

Have anyone of you been in a situation like that before/are any of you socially awkward too?

I have a TSR account. Of course I'm socially awkward.
I can be yep :tongue:
Sometimes 😁😥
Yes.

Spoiler

Original post by Platopus
I have a TSR account. Of course I'm socially awkward.

im pretty sure not everyone on tsr is socially arkward, its just the ones who spend the entire life on tsr
Original post by theBranicAc
im pretty sure not everyone on tsr is socially arkward, its just the ones who spend the entire life on tsr

You got me :colondollar:
Original post by Platopus
You got me :colondollar:

at least you dont make 48 posts a day like some users
Eh, yeah. Mostly because I zone out and when someone is talking to me, I don't pay attention. Therefore, I don't hear what they say and end up saying stuff like "yeah" and "ah". Really need to start paying attention to people...
Original post by trustmeimlying1
what brought about the improvement ...just practice?

Change of perspective, bit of practice and letting go really.
Original post by stefano865
Change of perspective, bit of practice and letting go really.
good boy.

I agree though. Going through that process slowly at the minute. Yeh have it down to a tee.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending