The Student Room Group

2016 Exams on SQA website ??!!

I went on the SQA website today and saw that the Nat 5 2016 Mathematics Exam and marking scheme was now on the website under the heading past papers.

However, I checked some other subjects and they are yet to be uploaded.

This is mainly a thread to tell you that the marking schemes for some of the subjects you sat may be on the website.

Why don't the upload them all at once ?

Thanks and Good Luck on Results day. Wishing you the best !
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Ethan100
I went on the SQA website today and saw that the Nat 5 2016 Mathematics Exam and marking scheme was now on the website under the heading past papers.

However, I checked some other subjects and they are yet to be uploaded.

This is mainly a thread to tell you guys that the marking schemes for some of the subjects you sat may be on the website.

Why don't the upload them all at once ?

Thanks and Good Luck on Results day. Wishing you the best !

Sqa tryna **** me up
Reply 2
The release of past papers has always been staggered, I'm not entirely sure why, however in some papers there are issues with copyright claims where papers use extracts from texts or even stock images that help provide some context to a question. The papers may also have to be further adapted to be suitable for online distribution/viewing.
All of the papers are usually available before the start of September, although there have been some exceptions.

If anybody's interested the papers that I've found that are available are:
- National 5 Admin & IT
- CfE Higher Computing Science
- CfE Higher Drama
- CfE Advanced Higher Economics
- CfE Higher Gaidhlig
- CfE Higher German
- National 5 Graphic Communication
- CfE Higher & Advanced Higher Health & Food Technology
- CfE Higher & Advanced Higher Italian
- National 5, CfE Higher & Advanced Higher Latin
- National 5 & CfE Advanced Higher Mathematics
- CfE Higher Spanish
- CfE Higher Urdu
Original post by PTS_99
The release of past papers has always been staggered, I'm not entirely sure why, however in some papers there are issues with copyright claims where papers use extracts from texts or even stock images that help provide some context to a question. The papers may also have to be further adapted to be suitable for online distribution/viewing.
All of the papers are usually available before the start of September, although there have been some exceptions.

If anybody's interested the papers that I've found that are available are:
- National 5 Admin & IT
- CfE Higher Computing Science
- CfE Higher Drama
- CfE Advanced Higher Economics
- CfE Higher Gaidhlig
- CfE Higher German
- National 5 Graphic Communication
- CfE Higher & Advanced Higher Health & Food Technology
- CfE Higher & Advanced Higher Italian
- National 5, CfE Higher & Advanced Higher Latin
- National 5 & CfE Advanced Higher Mathematics
- CfE Higher Spanish
- CfE Higher Urdu

If only physics and biology were available! Those were my main subjects, and I wasn't expecting English either because of what you said about copyright etc. Really nervous :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by sameehaiqbal
If only physics and biology were available! Those were my main subjects, and I wasn't expecting English either because of what you said about copyright etc. Really nervous :tongue:

I know I'm itching to see H English, H Maths and H Physics papers. I'm nervous as well, but I keep trying to remind myself that trying to work out how well you did from the marking instructions is never a good idea :wink:
Reply 5
Ethan lad how's it going mate? Not spoke to you in a while :biggrin: Still got no clue about chem paper 2 :P

I'm gonna check my maths answers again.
Reply 6
Original post by A+Hunter
Ethan lad how's it going mate? Not spoke to you in a while :biggrin: Still got no clue about chem paper 2 :P

I'm gonna check my maths answers again.

Hey man,Yeah it's been a while! How's your summer? I'm doing pretty well just can't wait for the results to come out !

Still skeletons in that chemistry thread waiting for that person that supposedly had paper 2 to show us it :P
Reply 7
Hey man,Yeah it's been a while! How's your summer? I'm doing pretty well just can't wait for the results to come out !

Still skeletons in that chemistry thread waiting for that person that supposedly had paper 2 to show us it :P

Yeah man it's going well thankfully😃. Dreading results day though😒

She went I've got the copy then never bothered posting it 😂 Oh well we'll know next week. How you think you've done for chem again? Think you said it was decent overall?
Yeah man it's going well thankfully😃. Dreading results day though😒

She went I've got the copy then never bothered posting it 😂 Oh well we'll know next week. How you think you've done for chem again? Think you said it was decent overall?

@ me next time. Link is below, and HAS BEEN UP since May 22nd:

https://m.imgur.com/a/6BtN1
Reply 9
Original post by ElasticJane

HOLY MOLEY.

@Ethan100

Thanks!
Original post by ElasticJane

That's the higher one -_- We were on about N5. :P

@Ethan100 Nvm mate. Sorry to burst yer bubble there.
Reply 11
That's the higher one -_- We were on about N5. :P

@Ethan100 Nvm mate. Sorry to burst yer bubble there.

NAAAAA.

I got sooo happy :frown:

@ her next time :P
NAAAAA.

I got sooo happy :frown:

@ her next time :P

Absolute kill joy.

Good luck on tuesday mate. Looks like that's the only day we'll see the paper :P

Quick Reply