The Student Room Group

First job, how do I get paid??!!

I've just gotten my first job as a waitress at a local restaurant and after doing 2 trial shifts I am due to start next week. However, the only thing that the employers requested was my NI number and Passport. So how do I get paid, do I need to give over my bank details? I know this all sounds crazy but my employers have given me hardly any information and as it is my first job I am new to it all
On your first day, they will do an induction and they will probably ask you for your bank details. then . *Employers pay directly into your account.*
Reply 2
Original post by Simonthegreat
On your first day, they will do an induction and they will probably ask you for your bank details. then . *Employers pay directly into your account.*

Thank you for your reply, I hope that will be the case,I ask because the employers are not that bright and so far haven't followed employer protocol…I've had to ask all the questions, like they don't even give me the basics for example how much the job pays? I've started to ask other waiters questions instead
Reply 3
perhaps they will pay you in cash at the end of each week? have you found out about general protocol from the others? also make sure whether you'll be keeping tips or not, bc my friend was yelled at for "stealing" tips she was given by customers.
Reply 4
Original post by SueKH
perhaps they will pay you in cash at the end of each week? have you found out about general protocol from the others? also make sure whether you'll be keeping tips or not, bc my friend was yelled at for "stealing" tips she was given by customers.

I've tried to ask the others when I get a chance but it just seems like the staff and management included are really lax with everything,maybe because its not a chain restaurant so they don't have set protocol that they must follow, its family owned. Also, one of the waiters I spoke to said they split the tips at the end of each shift between the waiters. Thanks for the reply btw:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending