The Student Room Group

Being a better at conversations

I'm so awkward around people. Like I'll struggle to be enthusiastic and my answers are always "that's good" "nice" "aw man that does suck" and stupid stuff like that.

I just struggle to make conversation and continue it with new topics when with new people. How can I improve this?

I'm a guy and I'm okay talking one on one with girls, I can make them laugh and flirt a lot. It's just being friendly or in a group I struggle, I just want to be better at conversations so I can make more friends. Especially guys, I can't spend my life just talking to girls I find hot, I need male mates to hang with.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I can't spend my life just talking to girls I find hot.

I'd be okay with this tbh...

I guess just talk to guys the same way you talk to girls, minus the flirting (unless you're into that)
You need to practice, talk to your father, male cousins, any male.

Purchase books on conversations skills from your local water stones store or off Amazon.

You could say something like "how is your day going", "what are you planning to do today", "what have you been up to then", " have you got any plans", "how's life been treating you", talk about their work, hobbies, family, passions. Be charming, be interested in the other person, Talk about anything, the weather, current affairs, just anything!

Good luck!
Practice and don't over think it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending