The Student Room Group

I miss my EX

About two weeks ago I split up with my long term Girlfriend. I had been dating her from November 2004 so it had been a pretty long term relationship. We got on quite well and I thought the world of her. (I lost my virginity to her) We did things such as the cinema, resturaunts and sleeping at each others houses. We would lie on the bed and I would stroke her hair and she would smile back and It made me the happiest person on earth :smile:

However I fell in love with this girl at my school who sadly for me did not share the same feelings. It really broke me down and events led up to me being talked too by the police as I was feeling so depressed. Then around three months later one of her friends contacted the police as I alledgedly talked about self harming myself. All I remember doing is saying to her friend that I loved her. None of this was true it was purely down to that I had been drinking in large quanties earlier that day and had gone on MSN.

Despite all of this my girl stood by me. Sadly it was not the same as before. I turned to drink and my weed smoking escalated. I basically shut myself off from the world. I carried on in college studying History, ICT, Buisness and Media studies. I think my college work is the only thing that did not detiorate. At home after an argument with my brother I slashed his tyres. I would then come home in the early hours of the morning drunk and be horrible to my mum.

A few weeks ago I ended the relationship because I feel that I am cracking up, and I didn't want to drag someone down with me.

It had not effected me but on Sunday evening as I was returning home from my grandma's in my mums car. I saw my Ex, and then it really hit home. I think I got home and ran upstairs and actually cried. I'd love to have her back but I would just feel so foolish. It was my birthday today and I spent it on my own. Shunning my family. I feel like I am cracking up.

Any advice my friends. Anything would help.
Reply 1
hey..i think its great that you realise how you are shunning yourself from the rest because its the fist step towards improving that...your girlfriend sounds like an amazing girl seeing how she always stood by you and I'm sure that if you go to her and really tell her what you feel she will understand you completely..after all you've been together for more than two years and those kinds of relationships are unique

i broke up with my boyfriend a week ago but for different reasons (he is going to canda to study) so i can understand how you feel when you say you miss her..i miss my ex too and its hard to go through something like this...but my friends are really helping me...and in my case talking to someone was really useful..

anyway, i hope this was helpful..talk to her really its the only way if you want to get back with her..feel free to pm or anything if you want :smile:
:frown: I didnt need to hear that
:hugs:

Latest