The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by XMaramena
Lol, we've got that old orange lighting down the ends of the village, but the 300-400m stretch of the double corner (or really really sharp S-bend if you think about it) that I live on, all the lampposts have been out of order for about a year and nobody at the council gives a ****. Which is a bit stupid considering that there's a Grade I listed church right on the corner and the train station carpark is a hotspot for idiot street drifters late at night thinking they're Bedfordshire's answer to Fast and Furious.

Are the lampposts concrete ones by any chance?
Reply 21
Original post by Arkarian
No I hate CoD I mean the guns themselves are quite nice. I've always liked rifles more than other guns.

Majority of my experience is with pistols when I lived abroad, but since I moved back to the UK, that's been an impossible area.

Still, .22 conversions are loads of fun to shoot on the range. Funnily enough, my mum is still the best shot out of the family, ever since she got cosy with a GSG replica of an MP5 out in Dubai.*
Reply 22
Original post by RavioliDance
Are the lampposts concrete ones by any chance?

Concrete bases, yes.
I don't think I've ever heard a gunshot in my life...
Original post by XMaramena
Sometimes I find buckshot pellets on the platform at the train station. There's some woodland about 200m opposite that I think someone shoots in. Still, bad shooting habit. Basic rule - check your target and beyond. If there's someone shooting at something and there's a busy train platform a few hundred metres behind it, that's just being careless.

If you go for a walk round the countryside on some of the public footpaths here, it's pretty common to see a few bright orange 12ga shell casings lying around. Annoys me sometimes - a bit hypocritical to be someone who apparently works the land and relies on it for a living, but's happy to leave plastic casings lying on the dirt. It doesn't take much to pick them up.

Lol at 3am? You rocking a fancy Trijicon or something there? hehe :P*

Annoys me when some kid just picks up these sort of things and they are afraid of attending the playground later on.
Original post by Cap.Henry Avery
Where the **** do you live? South central Los Angeles?

Not uncommon in some areas of the countryside to hear gunshots unfortunately, usually people out lamping.
I visit friends near the Lebanon border and sometimes we'll hear the odd shot in the distance :s-smilie:

Latest