The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Prepayment + Deadline -> not to worry if you've got a credit/debit card!

Hello all!

Just wanted to inform those of you who haven't made the prepayment for the accommodation fees yet that if you haven't sent the contract back and you're worried whether or not they'll receive it on time (14th of July for us unconditionals and if you asked for extension: 21st of July). Not to worry! Well, not to worry if you've got a credit/debit card as you can make the payment via telephone and they'll keep the place for you, even if your documents arrive AFTER the deadline!

I think this has been mentioned in one of their e-mails sent to us, cryptically. So when I rang the university up yesterday* to make the payment, the lady on the other side of the line told me that it won't be a problem at all if they received the contract after the deadline as I've already made the payment..

So you see people, money can break (almost) any deadline!

Anyway, that's it I guess. Hope all of you get your first choice accommodations!

RG

*tip: its easier to call up the designated accommodation hall administration number and get them to put you through to the finance department than calling the general accommodation phone#..

Latest

Trending

Trending