The Student Room Group

Simple: Yes or No?

Poll

do you think your child is prepared for university, do they have the life skills?

Dear fellow parents, all I'm looking for is a one word answer to my question and I'd be so grateful 😊 if as many of you can help me by answering.

The question; Yes or No - do you think your child is prepared for university, do they have the life skills (cooking, budgeting etc?).

Thank you so much everyone 😊
Reply 1
Reply 2

Thank you jneill
Reply 3
Maybe you should qualify that - do you mean to parents of a child about to go to Uni this September? Mine definitely does not have the skills, but then he won't be going until next September, so it would skew your results if I said no, it's meaningless without their age...
Reply 4
Thank you Artjen - you are correct! I will clarify. Yes - this question is aimed at those parents who have children that will start university this September. For you, do you feel that your child be better prepared this time next year? If so, how? Do you teach your child or does the school do anything to help with life skills?
Reply 5
Thank you everyone for your thoughts, it's great to get feedback on this topic as I am doing some research in the area 😊 So thank you all
Reply 6
Original post by Tpeoples2
Thank you Artjen - you are correct! I will clarify. Yes - this question is aimed at those parents who have children that will start university this September. For you, do you feel that your child be better prepared this time next year? If so, how? Do you teach your child or does the school do anything to help with life skills?

You could add a poll to your opening post.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Thank you Jneill, I think I did add a poll at the top of this thread?

It's also helpful to have your opinion and Arjen's in more detail
I can do everything but cook. but that's what internet recipe's are for.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dear fellow parents, all I'm looking for is a one word answer to my question and I'd be so grateful 😊 if as many of you can help me by answering.

The question; Yes or No - do you think your child is prepared for university, do they have the life skills (cooking, budgeting etc?).

Thank you so much everyone 😊

No, he's 2.
Reply 10
Hi Frappe - are you a student going to Uni in September? Thank you 😉
Reply 11
no
Reply 12
Hi PHD2027 - even thou u are 15 - would like tolerance about skills that might be good to know before going to Uni?
Reply 13
Thank you Jneill, I think I did add a poll at the top of this thread?

It's also helpful to have your opinion and Arjen's in more detail

Ah, polls aren't visible on mobile :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
Ah, polls aren't visible on mobile :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's weird - I can see the poll, but I am viewing the site via my phone's browser rather than using TSR Mobile.

Our eldest has just finished his first year at university (self-catered halls).Not sure how well-prepared he was - he had probably done more cooking at Scout camps than at home(!), but he seems to have survived intact, nutritionally speaking. .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending