The Student Room Group

Taking the Train

I've never taken the train by myself, but tomorrow I'm going to take the train to see my friend. So do i just go up the the ticket stand and ask for a anytime day train ticket to windsor, or do I have to ask for an open return or what? I need a ticket where I can come home whenever I want that day.
You can get an Anytime Return or a cheaper option is an Off Peak Return when you cant travel during the busy rush hour periods.
Original post by lummzie
I've never taken the train by myself, but tomorrow I'm going to take the train to see my friend. So do i just go up the the ticket stand and ask for a anytime day train ticket to windsor, or do I have to ask for an open return or what? I need a ticket where I can come home whenever I want that day.
Reply 2
You can just get one online if you're not sure what you need to say. So if there's a ticket machine in your station you can just pick it up. If there is a machine there then you can also just get the ticket from there.

You sure you're going for anytime return? Off-peak tickets are way cheaper. I went to Cardiff the other week and only spent £25 instead of £50 that would've been the on peak one. Although if it's a short distance it's not a huge difference.

But yeah, just say you need a same day return ticket to Windsor and they'll know what to give you.
Reply 3
Original post by AmyPilot
You can get an Anytime Return or a cheaper option is an Off Peak Return when you cant travel during the busy rush hour periods.

thank you
Reply 4
Use nationalrailplanner.co.uk and put in the general time you're leaving and returning and it will give you your cheapest fare options (for some journeys it's cheaper to get two singles than a return). Just check what the restrictions are if you get an off-peak tickets.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending