The Student Room Group

CTAM: Count to a million and be the first forum to do it (Part 10)

This thread is a continuation of: CTAM: Count to a million and be the first forum to do it (Part 9)

Welcome to the 10th part of CTAM!

Notes from the previous thread:

Anyone's invited to take part in the count at any time - the more the merrier as it will mean we will reach the mighty million a lot quicker.
This includes Section Moderators/Section Leaders/Community Team members etc.

A quick recap of the rules:

1) One number per post please
1a) Please make sure to post a number with every post. Every post on the thread counts.
2) Make sure that it's the right number please, don't forget to edit your number/post if you've realized it's the wrong number. Also, please DO NOT DELETE POSTS if they are wrong as this will just mess things up further.
2a) If the wrong number is posted, and it hasn't been edited in a reasonable time-frame, then any other poster can invoke "rule 16b". This is used to retrospectively correct correct another person's number, or numbers. Always ensure the correct number is included if "rule 16b" is used.
3) Multiple posts are allowed per person, but please no more than 10 posts at a time by any one poster. Otherwise it becomes more of a personal count, and less of a forum count.
4) If someone posts, and they are deliberately trying to cause disruption (with no number, and foul language) then the best thing is to ignore them, skip over their posts as their posts will eventually be deleted. Continue counting from the last peaceful post so that when the hooliganistic posts are deleted, the count still makes sense.

WARNING: Anyone found to be deliberately causing disruption, will be reported and have said posts removed.

If you have any queries, don't hesitate to either contact myself or one of the other regular posters on this thread, who will be more than willing to help. :h:

Thread features from the previous thread:

Every so often (approximately every 1,000 posts) a top 10 (or 20, depending) leaderboard for the thread will be posted - great for a nice bit of in thread competition
We are currently in the process of populating an overall leaderboard, for all thread parts so far. It will be posted up on the thread when it has been done.

Happy Counting! :h:

Top ten leaderboard for Part 9 can be found here.

How to spot cheating

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

:woo: Got the 1st and 10th post of this thread :king1: Hopefully I can get the first 100th post :biggrin:
Reply 10

Cool :smile: :yep:

:cry2:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by spotify95

Cool :smile: :yep:

You have really bad habit of cutting people when they are trying to post 10 consecutive post. :frown:
Reply 13
Original post by mr T 999

You have really bad habit of cutting people when they are trying to post
10 consecutive post. :frown:

Sorry, I thought that you were going to stop at 100,010...

I'll let you have 10 consecutives now! :five:

Original post by mr T 999

You have really bad habit of cutting people when they are trying to post 10 consecutive post. :frown:

You did it to me! :tongue:

Reply 15
Original post by RavioliDance
You did it to me! :tongue:

And I told everyone (including yourself) to let me have the 100k. You didn't!

Don't do that sort of stunt again. :no:

Are you upset I got the 100000? :frown:

Original post by spotify95
And I told everyone (including yourself) to let me have the 100k. You didn't!

Don't do that sort of stunt again. :no:

I bet it'll be for nothing now, as you'll ask for it to be deleted and your closing statement include that number instead. :frown:

Reply 18
Are you upset I got the 100000? :frown:

Don't worry about it... :hugs:

In actuality, once one of the disruptive posts has been and gone, @mr T 999 will actually have the 100k post!

Reply 19
I bet it'll be for nothing now, as you'll ask for it to be deleted and your closing statement include that number instead. :frown:

I'm not going to be THAT bad :nah:

As that (deliberately voiding someone's effort so that I get a number) is more fascist than DS.

Latest