The Student Room Group

‘It’s not right to equate Islam with violence,’ says Pope Francis.

http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/news/2016/07/31/its-not-right-to-equate-islam-with-violence-says-pope-francis/

The Pope spoke to reporters on the flight back to Rome from KrakówSpeaking to journalists aboard his return flight from Kraków, Poland, on Sunday, Pope Francis said that violence exists in all religions, including Catholicism, and it cannot be pinned to one single religion.

I do not like to speak of Islamic violence because everyday when I look through the papers, I see violence here in Italy,” the Pope told reporters.

“And they are baptised Catholics. There are violent Catholics. If I speak of Islamic violence, I also have to speak of Catholic violence,” he added.

Why do political and religious figureheads find it so hard to call it what it is?

Sure these Islamic terrorists do not represent all Muslims, but they do have links to a very twisted version of Islam.

It doesn't take too much research to uncover how Islam is a violent religion.
Reply 1
pope francis seems to have gone on a mission to alienate as many Catholics as possible.
Original post by The Roast
http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/news/2016/07/31/its-not-right-to-equate-islam-with-violence-says-pope-francis/

The Pope spoke to reporters on the flight back to Rome from KrakówSpeaking to journalists aboard his return flight from Kraków, Poland, on Sunday, Pope Francis said that violence exists in all religions, including Catholicism, and it cannot be pinned to one single religion.

I do not like to speak of Islamic violence because everyday when I look through the papers, I see violence here in Italy,” the Pope told reporters.

“And they are baptised Catholics. There are violent Catholics. If I speak of Islamic violence, I also have to speak of Catholic violence,” he added.

Why do political and religious figureheads find it so hard to call it what it is?

Sure these Islamic terrorists do not represent all Muslims, but they do have links to a very twisted version of Islam.

And that, my friends, is why he is defending Islam.
pope is a babe :colondollar:
I am an atheist, vegan transgender homosexual German engineer who vapes decaffeinated soy breast milk and is a male feminist animals rights activist and this offends me.
Reply 5
Original post by Samii123
I am an atheist, vegan transgender homosexual German engineer who vapes decaffeinated soy breast milk and is a male feminist animals rights activist and this offends me.

Yes but you are not disabled.
Sorry.
Neeext!
Original post by The Roast

I agree the violence and backward behaviour is beyond a joke.

It's like a cancer that no one wants to face down

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
It's obvious why important figures are not criticising Islam; they don't want to alienate the Muslim public in the West. What they seem to have forgotten, though, are the victims of Islam, specially in the East. Saying that Islam is peaceful justifies many of the horrid actions taken by religious states in the Middle East.
Original post by IYGB
Yes but you are not disabled.
Sorry.
Neeext!

Or a disabled black Muslim

Posted from TSR Mobile
So if it's not because of their religion, is it a race/ethnicity thing?
Urban ll be spinning in his grave!
Reply 11
Original post by Samii123
Sooo many triggers.
Original post by KimKallstrom
Urban ll be spinning in his grave!

I am probably the only other person on TSR who knows who he was and what important thing he did without looking. You are right, if only he could be brought back from the dead, he would show them what a true pope does.
Pope Cuck
Papal schism when?
Original post by The_Opinion
I am probably the only other person on TSR who knows who he was and what important thing he did without looking. You are right, if only he could be brought back from the dead, he would show them what a true pope does.

Can't rep you yet as have done recently but you're right. Bring back Charles The Hammer Martel too! What would the soldiers who fought at the gates of Vienna think of all this?*

But yes, it seems people need 800 years of Ottoman genocide, mass-rape, slavery and forced conversion to see the wood for the trees.....

Would you trust this man?
Original post by Atlas Thugged

Would you trust this man?

Better than the last Pope

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Pope is outdated, his opinion is irrelevant and he lacks foresight. By announcing this publicly, all he is doing is trying to mitigate the Islamic abuse - while simultaneously isolating Catholics! Let one go free and the other suffer? He's worse than Peter Baelish stirring up plans in GOT!
Original post by Marshall Taylor
The Pope is outdated, his opinion is irrelevant and he lacks foresight. By announcing this publicly, all he is doing is trying to mitigate the Islamic abuse - while simultaneously isolating Catholics! Let one go free and the other suffer? He's worse than Peter Baelish stirring up plans in GOT!

This.

It's not about Islam, it's about the fact he is the irrelevant figurehead of the biggest criminal organistion in the history of humanity.

Quick Reply