The Student Room Group

Deloitte online blended assessment?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zachyg
I did almost exactly the same as you! The only difference being I got above average on 'evaluating evidence' and I got through, so I'm sure you will too!

Similarly, I'm normally very good with spelling and grammar, so it was a shock to me to achieve below average on dexterity as well!

All the best, I'm sure you'll be fine!

hey which programme line are you applying for?
Original post by sreddy17
u did well dont worry!! what programme was this for?

Aww, thank you.

Risk Advisory (Grad app.) you?

Original post by zachyg
I did almost exactly the same as you! The only difference being I got above average on 'evaluating evidence' and I got through, so I'm sure you will too!

Similarly, I'm normally very good with spelling and grammar, so it was a shock to me to achieve below average on dexterity as well!

All the best, I'm sure you'll be fine!

Ah, congratulations - that's awesome!! Let's hope that the one difference isn't detrimental! :tongue: I know right - that was the last section that I expected to see below, and when things were going decently, I genuinely couldn't believe it :lol:

Good luck with the rest of your application & other applications if any!

Thank you so much, you've reassured me :h:
Original post by sleepinglions
Aww, thank you.

Risk Advisory (Grad app.) you?

Ah, congratulations - that's awesome!! Let's hope that the one difference isn't detrimental! :tongue: I know right - that was the last section that I expected to see below, and when things were going decently, I genuinely couldn't believe it :lol:

Good luck with the rest of your application & other applications if any!

Thank you so much, you've reassured me :h:

ah cool I'm going for m and a advisory. So far done the cosmic cadet hoping I get an invite to the tests on Monday*
I passed!! Next stage here I come :biggrin:
Reply 44
well done sleeping lions! I got below average on the Verbal dexterity as well, which I was very surprised at . I got a real mix of below average, average, and above average, so people shouldn't fret too much about their results of the online blended assessment
Reply 45
Yeah the verbal dexterity seems really hard to do well in! I thought I was doing okay at it, but I got below average as well!*

Does anyone know when the first round interviews normally take place?*
Reply 46
Submitted my application very late but hopefully it's not too much of a disadvantage. Thanks for the useful tips, they help loads!

I have a couple of questions regarding the dreaded Verbal Reasoning. What kind of questions does the Verbal Dexterity ask? Is there anything I can do to prepare for them? Also, Logical reasoning is the pattern testing right?
Original post by jxh499

3. Verbal Reasoning: This is by far the longest part of the assessment and its broken into multiple sections. A verbal dexterity test, how accurate a worker are you,

Hi jxh, Thanks for your description of the assessments. I have to do mine in the next few days and want to make sure I'm really prepared. Could you please expand on what kind of things are in the verbal dexterity test? I have a membership with assessmentday, a practice package for these kind of tests, and I'm trying to match a similar exercise so I can have a few practice goes before I dive in. There's one called Error checking, where you have to notice errors in lists of numbers etc. Does this sound similar? Many thanks.
Original post by jxh499
Hello all (yes, me again.)

Got an email today inviting me to take Deloitte's 'blended online assessment' and I'm wondering what exactly is this?

A quick google (and i mean quick) hasn't given me anything, is this just Deloitte's way of referring to numeracy, verbal, critical thinking testing, or is it something different altogether?

Oh, and I've been given 5 days to complete it, so any speedy responses would be greatly appreciated!

hey again, I completed my cosmic cadet mid day Friday, yet to hear back? Tomorrow do u think?
Reply 49
Hello all,Thank you to all who have replied, I'm currently at work, so will reply after 8pm, so hold fire from doing the assessment till then!
Original post by jxh499
well done sleeping lions! I got below average on the Verbal dexterity as well, which I was very surprised at . I got a real mix of below average, average, and above average, so people shouldn't fret too much about their results of the online blended assessment

Thank you!

Yeah, I completely agree with you on that :smile:

Original post by jcm222
Yeah the verbal dexterity seems really hard to do well in! I thought I was doing okay at it, but I got below average as well!*

Does anyone know when the first round interviews normally take place?*

No idea :/ but if you find out, do let us know :h:
Reply 51
For those asking about verbal dexterity, I may not be of much use as I sat my tests well over two weeks ago now. However, from memory, you are given a passage and you are informed that there are mistakes in spelling, grammar and punctuation that you have to spot and then rectify to the appropriate instance. It doesn't sound too difficult, but it has really been slipping people up. I'd recommend taking extra time on these sections, as its time recorded, I believe there's no real penalty for maybe slowing the pace by 50% and getting it really accurate then finishing quickly and not being accurate at all. Really look out for capitalisation that are unnecessary, when reading quickly its quite easy to just skim over these and look for the most glaringly obvious mistakes.Also there is a test for your ability to pick the appropriate word for a gap in a sentence, which once again sounds relatively straight forward, but the words are close in there definition, and multiple could fit in the same slot, but perhaps not elsewhere in the passage, so focus on this as well. I found it quite useful to read the passages a loud in both cases. This way you stumble over the errors more obviously.@XAMK @Jonny19902
Reply 52
Original post by jxh499
For those asking about verbal dexterity, I may not be of much use as I sat my tests well over two weeks ago now. However, from memory, you are given a passage and you are informed that there are mistakes in spelling, grammar and punctuation that you have to spot and then rectify to the appropriate instance. It doesn't sound too difficult, but it has really been slipping people up. I'd recommend taking extra time on these sections, as its time recorded, I believe there's no real penalty for maybe slowing the pace by 50% and getting it really accurate then finishing quickly and not being accurate at all. Really look out for capitalisation that are unnecessary, when reading quickly its quite easy to just skim over these and look for the most glaringly obvious mistakes.Also there is a test for your ability to pick the appropriate word for a gap in a sentence, which once again sounds relatively straight forward, but the words are close in there definition, and multiple could fit in the same slot, but perhaps not elsewhere in the passage, so focus on this as well. I found it quite useful to read the passages a loud in both cases. This way you stumble over the errors more obviously.@XAMK @Jonny19902

Thanks, I'll be sure to adhere to those tips!
Original post by XAMK
Submitted my application very late but hopefully it's not too much of a disadvantage. Thanks for the useful tips, they help loads!

I have a couple of questions regarding the dreaded Verbal Reasoning. What kind of questions does the Verbal Dexterity ask? Is there anything I can do to prepare for them? Also, Logical reasoning is the pattern testing right?

If last year was anything to go by, your application has been sent in very early, not late, so no need to worry on that front.
Reply 54
Original post by Fas
If last year was anything to go by, your application has been sent in very early, not late, so no need to worry on that front.

I'm applying for S&O consulting so the deadline is this Friday (19th). I'm more worried about the online tests as I'm interning 9hours a day at a bank and then working 6 hours in the evening in hospitality Mon-Fri. Judging by everyone elses timeline if I pass application screening and complete Cosmic Cadet I will only be able to do it next Monday to Friday when I will be shattered from work.

What did people put as their 'Available to start work date'?
Am I too late to apply for the consulting stream, I realise the deadline is 3 days away but seems like the majority of applicants have already progressed through the online tests?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sreddy17
hey again, I completed my cosmic cadet mid day Friday, yet to hear back? Tomorrow do u think?

Hi sreddy, I also did the cosmic cadet on Friday so quote me back when you get your result?

Original post by gingerwizard
Am I too late to apply for the consulting stream, I realise the deadline is 3 days away but seems like the majority of applicants have already progressed through the online tests?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Deloitte go on chronological order, I fell foul of this last year. Your chance is therefore low but put one in anyway. PwC afaik wait till the deadline so you can apply at the last minute with then.
Original post by scrotgrot
Hi sreddy, I also did the cosmic cadet on Friday so quote me back when you get your result?

Deloitte go on chronological order, I fell foul of this last year. Your chance is therefore low but put one in anyway. PwC afaik wait till the deadline so you can apply at the last minute with then.

Fair enough, cheers for the heads up. I'll probably give it a miss as it would of been a real long shot regardless let alone applying a couple days before the deadline.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by scrotgrot

hey - yeah I've just received the invite to do the tests this morning!
how on earth do we review our results please? my window closed (technical error or maybe i was really stupid) moments after it said 'please wait we're calculating blablabla' Currently in limboooo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending