The Student Room Group

Foundation to Health Studies/Pre Medicine Courses?

I am interested to know if anyone has got a place or is looking to get a place on one of the Medicine foundation courses such as the Foundation To Health Studies at University of Liverpool and also Manchester University?

I am a `mature` student who has only in the last couple of years finally realised she wants to work in the healthcare professions with a particular interest in medicine and helping people. Although I do have GCSEs and A-Levels which I took aged 15 and 17, they werent very good and so I am relying on this foundation year to get accepted onto the Medicine degree. I have worked as a nurse previously and still work on a part-time basis at my local hospital.

People think I am mad! Maybe I am but now I know what I want I am going to grab with both hands!!

I`d love to hear from anyone in a similar quandry! :confused:
Reply 1
Hello, im not in a similar postion but i too have just had the realisation you have had and am considering redoing my A-levels in the correct subjects to gain entry into medical school (no idea if they will except me this way though) but your never to old, as long as you have suitable time to practice doctoring after you have graduated i dont see why you shouldnt if thats what you really want. I have a friend who is a Dr and he has recently been given a new house officer who has just graduated from junior doctor at 54, so if a 54 yr old can achieve this i dont see why you cant :smile:
Good luck!

P.S even if you have to take some subjects again to get into your degree i will be worth it in the long run......
Good luck guys, I don't envy your positions!

Latest