Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

mature student/ ou/ physics etc

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

I am a would be mature student with a BSc already from a brick university but considering starting to work towards a degree in Physics. At the moment only distance learning is available to me. I've looked at the open university options but not sure whether to start working towards to a Life Sciences degree or whether to use this time to prep myself for application to a brick university. I honestly don't know if a physics degree is feasible or sensible. Originally I was looking at courses to help me re enter the job market (currently a stay at home mum). At present I don't have the entry requirements for a Physics degree at a brick uni. Would doing OU modules now in Maths and or Physics be any help? Should I do a distance Maths A level instead?And has anyone started a degree with OU then transferred to a brick uni? is that an option? the lack of pratical lab work concerns me. current qualifications (from a long time ago) include a BSc in Engineering Product Design 92:1) and A levels in Physics, Biology and Art (CCC). I haven't studied in ten years

Have you considered the Open Plus route in Physics? I'm about to start this October, and I'll be transferring to Sheffield full time in a couple years. Check it out as it might be the answers to you prayers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.