The Student Room Group

Gcse reuslts day countdown!!!

Im so excited... and nervous!! Im dreading it, ive been telling everyone that i think i got 2A*'s and 2A's, soo now im dreading it!! WBU?? what do u think u got??
Im terrified of it too. I leave for a weekend away to the F1 straight after my results so I don't even get time to cry and sit in a corner. Regarding what I think I got, I think I got 3 to 5 A*'s, the rest A's and B's maybe a C for German or English Literature (The unseen poetry and An Inspector Calls killed me)
Good luck everyone.
Guys. I don't know about you but I'm so incredibly nervous! These results are so important and can determine so much in our academic lives; whether you agree with me or not this is true as as due to the changing education system, GCSE's have become more significant in terms of uni applications. However, the most worrisome thing is that if we don't actually get the grades we desire, we may not end up going in the route we really wish to embark on. I don't know but this has been driving me crazy; I really need those grades and I can't even start to imagine what will happen if i don't get them. Can anyone relate?
Original post by MeerabBieber
Guys. I don't know about you but I'm so incredibly nervous! These results are so important and can determine so much in our academic lives; whether you agree with me or not this is true as as due to the changing education system, GCSE's have become more significant in terms of uni applications. However, the most worrisome thing is that if we don't actually get the grades we desire, we may not end up going in the route we really wish to embark on. I don't know but this has been driving me crazy; I really need those grades and I can't even start to imagine what will happen if i don't get them. Can anyone relate?

I can relate to this very strongly, however, it is important to remember that: even if you don't do well, it isn't the end of the world.
Original post by CIEBioloysifh
I can relate to this very strongly, however, it is important to remember that: even if you don't do well, it isn't the end of the world.

Firstly, thank God I'm not the only one :five::jumphug:
And secondly, I'm well aware that in the long term Gcse's hold very little value but right now, at this very moment, it IS important.
I just wrote this but it's so imporant xDGCSEs are simply a springboard to success. Sure, they make it easier, but without them you can still jump the hurdle if you try hard enough. If you don't succeed, it doesn't change anything - you can still become the amazing person you're meant to be! Stay positive and good luck to everyone! :smile:
Original post by MeerabBieber

Yes u are very true!! I bet u get the results u want bcz u sure sound clever!! What career do uwanna go in?? I wnat to go into medicine. U WILL GET THEM, as long as u know u worked hard and put ur all into it u will get it back, just remmber what you give is what u get :smile: good luck

Quick Reply

Latest