The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
boho
think its important to note that the gym is pretty small and does get very busy at certain times of the day... 4 oclock onwards mostly. and as already said the price you have to pay varies depending on the time you go (if you pay the £28 member ship fee) as far as i know, from what i've heard, the free weights section is very much dominated by rugby players, which a lot of people find quite intimidating. my housemates once went in there, and were later questioned as to what two girls were doing in the free weights section.

i joined a gym, about 10 minutes in the car away, it was £15 for a months trial membership, which included classes aswell. although it doesn't have a swimming pool, it does have a steam room/sauna and not that many people know about it so it never got that busy. after the first month, it was £20 a month, which you could do for 3 months at a time. i personally MUCH prefer it to the uni gym!

Hey, could you tell me which gym this is and how to find it? It sounds much better than the uni gym. Thanks :smile:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
iceman_jondoe
what about cost? roughly how much does it cost?

upwards of
28 pounds for the year, but you ahve to pay i think £3 a session
170 pounds for free unlimited usage of gym
220 pounds for free unlimited use and lessons (whatever that means)
Reply 22
Does anyone know much about the Exeter Golf and Country Club health suite facilities? I know this would probably be quite expensive but I'm willing to pay more for somewhere nicer, with a gym and pool preferably in the same location!

You would probably have to become a club member which is stupid and I can't afford it, just thought I would ask if anyone knew much about it!
Reply 23
All I know about it is where it is - you might not be able to get there unless you have a car. There *may* be buses going there but I'm not certain of that.
Reply 24
I am blessed with the motion of expensive scrap metal :biggrin:
wow

Latest

Trending

Trending