The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Students of Dumfries campus (Uni of Glasgow)

How many of you live in Glasgow but study at Dumfries campus?
Is it possible to arrange courses so, that living in Glasgow would be possible and not too complicated?
I am an international student, soon starting in the University of Glasgow at the campus in Dumfries but i have been considering where to live...
Reply 1
Original post by karttori
How many of you live in Glasgow but study at Dumfries campus?
Is it possible to arrange courses so, that living in Glasgow would be possible and not too complicated?
I am an international student, soon starting in the University of Glasgow at the campus in Dumfries but i have been considering where to live...

I've recently graduated from the Dumfries campus. Some students did travel from glasgow, but mostly only in the latter years. In first year you will have lectures most days of the week, sometimes only for an hour or two a day, do you really want to spend 1.5 hours each way on the train every day?

My advice would be to find somewhere in Dumfries for the first year or two. In third and fourth year, commuting becomes more realistic.
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by WAJG96
i was wondering can you ever swap courses at dumfries to the main campus? i have an offer for Environmental stewardship but what if i didn't like it or its not what i thought it would be, would i be able to swap courses to say geography for example at the main city campus in glasgow. what worries me is that the required grades for dumfries campus courses are lower than those of courses at the main campus. if i didnt like my course would i be stuck at dumfries or would i be able to change?

It is possible to change courses from dumfries to main campus, and people have done so, but I'm not aware of anyone from Env Stewardship (or Env Science and Sustainability as it's now called) transferring. While you might be able to, I wouldn't accept the offer and expect to be able to change later.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending