The Student Room Group

Which event in the Olympics would you take part in?

Which event would you enjoy or be best at? :dumbells:

I'd take part in badminton. I'd get smashed but have some hope at least :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

I'd do archery - I wouldn't win, but I'd humiliate myself the least :lol:
The one with the least physical activity.
Swimming
Womens 100m hurdles - im just interested how fit one has to be to sprint and jump those hurdles :smile:
Shooting
The 5000 or 10,000 metres of course :biggrin:

I'd be towards the back of the women's fields but not last I'd imagine. I'd be last by miles in the men's race. Too bad I'd probably need to run with the men.

When I was a teenager I used to have a fantasy of being Olympic 800m champ. David Rudisha basically lived my teenage dream. I haven't run the 800 properly competitively since I was about 20 though (I'm 26 now).
(edited 7 years ago)
Weightlifting :dumbells:
Fencing ongaurd
Reply 9
In the outrageous absence of squash I'd have a bounce at Triple Jump.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That thing where you just go around on a horse - dressage! I've ridden a horse once or twice, I should be great . . .
um does if have to be Summer Olympics?

Slalom Skiing
The Kayak Slalom looks like a lot of fun...
I hope to be reincarnated as a Brazillian beach volleyball player.....
Reply 14
Anything equestrian! The show jumping and cross country look terrifying but fun! :smile:
At my school sports day a few years ago, my friends and I (all awful at sports) had an alternative sports day including events like highest number of Pringles eaten in 30 seconds, fastest application of eyeliner etc, so I would love to take part in those, if they ever became official events :h:

If not, then skiing in the Winter Olympics
Reply 17
Badminton or any long distance running event.

I loved the freedom I used to get from my bullies in high school when we used to do anything long distance as I was just so much better than them and had 15 minutes of blissfulness where I was on my own towards the front and they'd be pulling up the rear :lol:
Badminton. ☺️
if Winter Olympics, then I'd go with Figure skating! ❄️
Running or trach, would never win but the only thing that wouldn't kill me.

Quick Reply

Latest