The Student Room Group

Which event in the Olympics would you take part in?

Scroll to see replies

Sailing looks like fun. :titan:
Reply 21
For me it's got to be the pole vault!
Badminton and table tennis but I don't think that's one of them ☺️
100m
Reply 24
I swear they were going to introduce the sport of sleep. I would win every time. Or chess I might stand a chance there.
Reply 25
Original post by Reachin4TheStars

I know a girl who aspires to play table tennis. Her training is ridiculous we used to make fun of her a bit in music, but she spends about an hour every day training for table tennis, she does running planking and push ups etc. to train for table tennis! Apparently it's harder than it looks at pro level.
Original post by BobSausage
I know a girl who aspires to play table tennis. Her training is ridiculous we used to make fun of her a bit in music, but she spends about an hour every day training for table tennis, she does running planking and push ups etc. to train for table tennis! Apparently it's harder than it looks at pro level.

Yup it's really hard but I love it cuz I was really good at it in PE last year in school 💖
Until they introduce competitive eating, you can count me out.
Reply 28
I'm half decent at archery, might beat some people

Posted from TSR Mobile
Equestrian because I ride horses
I'd take part in the torch-bearing ceremony because it means less chance of humiliating myself.
Summer games: track cycling (would enjoy most) or shooting (most likely to do well). Though I was half decent at long jump when younger.

Winter games: GS skiing or speed skating
(edited 7 years ago)
Badminton or 100m:h:
Reply 33
Rowing. Men's eight (since I have never been in one), Men's Quad or the Men's Four. Either of these 3 would be cool. Painful and exhausting but cool.
Reply 34
Women's +67kg Tarkwondo... More of a Poomsae person (national level) but I'm half decent at sparring too
Swimming
Original post by She-Ra
I hope to be reincarnated as a Brazillian beach volleyball player.....
Thank goodness you put those last three words in!
Original post by Deyesy
Badminton or any long distance running event.
I loved the freedom I used to get from my bullies in high school when we used to do anything long distance as I was just so much better than them and had 15 minutes of blissfulness where I was on my own towards the front and they'd be pulling up the rear
I hear you sister.
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Table tennis is. It's usually won by ping and pong which is why it won't get much coverage in Britain.
Original post by BobSausage
The sweat is incredible!
Original post by Charles Dupiau
I'd take part in the torch-bearing ceremony because it means less chance of humiliating myself.
But if you did then it would be a thousand times more humiliating/hot.
Original post by 130398
Rowing. Men's eight (since I have never been in one), Men's Quad or the Men's Four. Either of these 3 would be cool. Painful and exhausting but cool.
Basically any rowing discipline with enough people in the boat so that you don't have to work as hard?
Reply 37
Rowing or Kayaking have always been jolly fun.
Original post by Napp
Rowing or Kayaking have always been jolly fun.
Water-sports but you don't really want to get wet...
Reply 39
Original post by 04MR17
Water-sports but you don't really want to get wet...

Well unless one is a deviant in that regard...

Quick Reply

Latest