Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Transfer of University

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

Good morning everybody, I am an international student from Hong Kong, studying BA economics and Politics year 1 at Leicester. After 2 semesters, I found that my performance in economics field is far better than that in Politics I got around 80 at both my Micro and Macro and 9x at my maths in both semesters but I got around 60 at my Politics. So I sent my request for transfer of course to the school and I still not got any reply from them. I also applied for transfer of university, asking other universities whether second year entry to their economics program are allowed and whether an offer can be given to me. And recently I got the offer of 2nd year entry from Edinburgh ( MA Economics)and Australian National University(BA Economics). I am quite confusing about which choice is better for me(career path/academic performance/ the chance to get the job in either UK or Australia). Both of them are good universities but I have to spend one more year in Edinburgh to complete the program than I do in Australia. However the global ranking of Edinburgh seems to be slightly better than that of ANU. So I would like ask the advices from you guys. Thank you and appreciate for your help!:adore::adore:
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 2, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

I want...

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.