The Student Room Group

Bringing something strange to halls?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I have a chocolate fountain which my mum wanted to get rid of, and the only way I could convince her to let me keep it was by saying I'd take it to uni (its not a massive one.. but then at the same time its not really small). So I guess I'll have that..
My compare the meerkat toys (Alexander, Sergei and vassily)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by fireway10
My compare the meerkat toys (Alexander, Sergei and vassily)

Posted from TSR Mobile

What about Baby Oleg?! You can't forget about him, gotta get the whole collection :u:
Reply 23
I think I shall take my Butler, only my 7 favourite horses and a nice chandelier for the front hall. Possibly my 3000kg Gold Throne but I think that might be a bit gawdy in the surroundings so I might have a silver one made specially.
Original post by PugDevil

X

Weirdest thing would be my storm glass, which is meant to predict the weather:

Thing that would make it feel like home, would be a tie between my onesie and my teddy bear.

The strangest thing I've heard of someone taking was a hamster. My friend technically wasn't allowed to have it in her room, but she somehow smuggled it in!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by Platopus
Weirdest thing would be my storm glass, which is meant to predict the weather:

Thing that would make it feel like home, would be a tie between my onesie and my teddy bear.

I have never seen that before :zomg: I wish I had such interesting things! :h:
I have never seen that before :zomg: I wish I had such interesting things! :h:

It is pretty cool. The crystals inside change move, apparently according to what the weather is about to do. Though technically there's no science behind it, mine has been very accurate.

Reply 27
Original post by Platopus
It is pretty cool. The crystals inside change move, apparently according to what the weather is about to do. Though technically there's no science behind it, mine has been very accurate.

That's really cool... I might actually get myself one! :tongue: I looked it up and they're not even that expensive! Thank you for the insight! :biggrin:

Edit: I use far too many exclamation marks... apologies, I'm not shouting at you :lol:
That's really cool... I might actually get myself one! :tongue: I looked it up and they're not even that expensive! Thank you for the insight! :biggrin:

Edit: I use far too many exclamation marks... apologies, I'm not shouting at you :lol:

I think I got mine for about £10; it was really worth it.

Haha I over-use !s too, don't worry!

Spoiler

Reply 29
All students plan on bringing the essentials, such as bedding or utensils etc, but what do you consider the strangest thing that you're planning on bringing to halls, something that not many other people will be bringing?

A parcel tape gun.

:colonhash:
I brought my space hopper to uni, it never seems like home without it 😂
Reply 31
BUMP
I painted myself a peacock to match the bedding I got for uni and got it framed ☺️ Pretty sure no one could have the same painting....
I've my resin Skull (not anatomically correct) called Bob I'm bringing.
He always sits on my desk.. makes quite a handy arm rest or hat stand XD
Reply 34
After thinking hard for a few weeks... I've realised that the strangest thing I will be bringing to uni will be myself :colondollar:
An absinthe fountain, because why not? :beer: I'm going into second year so a house not halls but still.:biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
I have a little wooden mouse that you can yank the head off to put a post it note on and hold in place, that's quite weird. Also will probably take one of my plants, all of which have named, personalized pots. Question is do I take Nellie, Charlotte, Zazzles, Dylan or Charlie?
My Sonic, Nintendo and all my other nerdy stuff. I can't wait to go to uni so all my nerdy posters can hang up on my wall in peace without my sister making fun of me.

Quick Reply

Latest