The Student Room Group

What third A-Level should I choose along with Psychology and History?

I'm starting sixth form in September and still haven't chosen my third A-Level! I know most colleges do four A-Levels but this year, our college is only doing three and you don't drop one after AS.

I have chosen to do History (theres an english monarchy topic and then you choose to study either Modern German or Russian), Psychology and need a third one. I am choosing between sociology, english literature (really don't want to do it but feel it'll be the best for university), photography, biology or politics. Which one should I pick?

I really don't know what i want to do when i'm older but i know i want to go to uni and get a broad degree to give me lots of options!

Please help!!! thank you :smile:
If you want to keep your degree options open, then I'd suggest taking another facilitating subject (i.e. maths, biology, chemistry, physics, geography, English literature, or a language). English literature would go well with history and psychology, but I wouldn't recommend choosing it if it's not something you're good at and/or enjoy.

It seems like you're more interested in the humanities rather than the sciences, so maybe pick another humanities subject rather than biology (although biology would compliment psychology if you're considering potentially doing a psychology degree).

I would personally advise against choosing photography, as it's not particularly helpful unless you're hoping to study an art course at university.

Just a few things to think about :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest