The Student Room Group

A-Level Results Day: Grade Boundaries

Scroll to see replies

Original post by marcobruni98
Okay so here's my problem, if there are no UMS for the new spec subjects how can a teacher differentiate between predicting an A* and an A? because from what I can understand usually if you get close to 90 ums it would be acceptable to predict A*. Raw marks don't really help much either because they don't take into account how well one does in relation to others.

Your teacher will see your raw marks. But I don't think they'll look into it too much...

They'll use:
- AS grade
- your grades throughout the year
- how hard you work

as ways to predict an A*.
Original post by jamestg
Your teacher will see your raw marks. But I don't think they'll look into it too much...

They'll use:
- AS grade
- how hard you work

Thanks for the reply! That makes sense. It's a bit annoying that I'm doing year 13 in a different school so idk how they're going to predict them for me. I'll try to see if I can get my old teachers to make my predicted grades or at least get them to get in contact with the new teachers to suggest the grades.
Original post by marcobruni98
Thanks for the reply! That makes sense. It's a bit annoying that I'm doing year 13 in a different school so idk how they're going to predict them for me. I'll try to see if I can get my old teachers to make my predicted grades or at least get them to get in contact with the new teachers to suggest the grades.

That is a very good idea!
Original post by jamestg

They'll use:
- AS grade
- how hard you work

If it's any help, at my school they only predict an A* at A2 if you achieved over 85% in all your papers at AS, as they feel any lower it is unachievable and even then it cannot determine you will achieve that grade 👍

Quick Reply

Latest