The Student Room Group

NHS Bursary.

Hiya,

I'm new to student room, hi! I've tried looking online for any information, but I'm actually pretty stumped and not entirely sure what to do...

So, I'm starting university again in September to do mental health nursing and I did a rough estimate on how much I would get for the term. This wouldn't cover my 'potential' rent (I say potential as I literally can't afford anywhere at the moment as I'm working full-time until mid-September where I would be travelling from Sheffield to Manchester).

The award wouldn't even cover for my basic direct debits (I graduated three years ago in a completely different degree and only had a properly paid job since last year) and I'm actually panicking.

I feel I can't return to university because I actually cannot afford to go. Any help is appreciated!

I have applied for student maintenance loan as additional help, but my outgoing, monthly payments are £400 at least and that's without rent and other bill payments.

Help, please?!
Are you aware that you're exempt from council tax as a full time student? NHS courses are usually longer than non-NHS ones, which means you can get a long course loan. (course must be 30 weeks and 3 days long +)

You should be able to apply for a student bank account with an interest free overdraft.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending