Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

People with small (or large) families

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

I'm just curious about this really. I have a really small rather fragmented family I think it would be fair to say. Of these people I only really 'love' one of them so sometimes it is easy to feel lonely I suppose. Sometimes I do find myself being a tad jealous of people who say things like 'staying over with my uncle' or something because I would just like to interact with different people sometimes and have more people who love me although don't get me wrong I am incredibly appreciative of the one person who does. I just sort of idealise perhaps these big families with their huge Christmases and stuff and just wondered if this is fair, i'm not stupid (surprise surprise :dunce:) and I do know that larger families have equally different pressures such as perhaps more competition between different sides? Anyway I just wondered what the advantages are of a large (or small) family just mainly out of curiosity.

I have 7 children and 16 grandchildren. My oldest is 43 and youngest is 32. There are always pressures, but I don't think they were as evident when I had mine. I think there are more pressures these days.
    Like all families, there are good times and bad and having other siblings to be around to help is good.

what do you class as large families

Why isn't this thread just called "People with families". :P

(Original post by PHD2027)
    what do you class as large families
    idk tbh, mainly people with those extended families like uncles, aunts, grandfathers, nieces etc etc

(Original post by SpiritSharD)
    Why isn't this thread just called "People with families". :P
    Cos i didnt want to look stupid
    that worked out well :lol:
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 2, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather be able to

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.