The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Gumtree.com

How would you rate it? And is it one of those pay sites? :s-smilie:

Curious cheers :smile: x
what do you mean?

it started off as an advertisement site - its free to list your adverts (i think i nsoem areas you have to pay to renew them tho - or just relist them)

its pretty good. i thin kthey have expended to forums now as well.

if you mean job section - no so sure - my local one is full of agency ads and dodgy working at hoem ads - it has the odd proper job in there..i use it often to buy stuff fro mtho - i bought my car via gumtree.
It's been brilliant for selling my flat, but don't know about the job section.
Reply 3
I've looked at jobs on it, and some ask for money, which is a obv. no-no, and look quite dodgy. If your going to apply then be careful.
Reply 4
lea164
I've looked at jobs on it, and some ask for money, which is a obv. no-no, and look quite dodgy. If your going to apply then be careful.
Yeah, I thought that much too.

It's like, at first I thought it was a fairly useful site until I opened the ads (full of spelling mistakes and a reluctance to give out much information)...
I quite like it- i mangaed to get a bunch of free vinyl

ah well :smile:

job section i didnt like so much- hardly any info and some adds were creepy

x
Reply 6
I use the gumtree for London and it is generally pretty good, especially for flat hunting. To find work it is alright if you are looking for something casual or non-professional like waitressing or retail etc but there is pretty much nothing else. The only thing that is really annoying is that often the people don't provide enough information so you end up calling/emailing them and then finding out it is not suitable, and on occasion you get super-dodgy ads but they are pretty easy to spot if you just have any common sense.

Latest

Trending

Trending