Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

History EPQ Help - The Roaring 20s

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad? Are they even worth it? Have your say! 26-10-2016

Hi guys,
    So I'm just starting research on my EPQ, something hopefully along the lines of 'to what extent were women socially liberated in the USA during the 1920s?' looking at flapper culture and the 'new woman' etc.
    The only issue I have is that at GCSE my old school studied 1920s and 30s America and very briefly touched on women. I spoke to my teacher who said this should be ok, however, looking more into the topic it's sometimes linked with the topics we studied at GCSE (e.g consumerism) - should my EPQ still be ok? I'm hoping that because it was only GCSE and I'm linking it to women, not solely focusing on it as a topic, that I might get away with it

You should be fine as long as you can show that you've moved on since what you've studied, done your own research and developed your own ideas. Your teacher should be able to advise once you've got an essay plan.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 4, 2016
TSR Support Team
What were/are your predicted grades?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.