The Student Room Group

Adult Dependant Grant

Hi SFE
I am a 3rd year student . I currently cohabit with my girlfriend, However it appears that my request for an adults dependency grant has not gone through on my application as I have had no news of this being accepted/declined?

She is a student herself, but not at university level so is in receipt of no loans etc.

Is there anything I can do to help the process go through smoothly as loans are to be paid in october?

Regards
Original post by hemblado
Hi SFE
I am a 3rd year student . I currently cohabit with my girlfriend, However it appears that my request for an adults dependency grant has not gone through on my application as I have had no news of this being accepted/declined?

She is a student herself, but not at university level so is in receipt of no loans etc.

Is there anything I can do to help the process go through smoothly as loans are to be paid in october?

Regards

Hi,

If your partner is also a student then you would not be eligible for the adult dependency grant.

Thanks.
Reply 2
Original post by Morven SFE
Hi,

If your partner is also a student then you would not be eligible for the adult dependency grant.

Thanks.

She is not at university though, does that make a difference to the situation?

Thank you
Hi

It makes no difference whether she is attending a University or not.

Thanks

Quick Reply