The Student Room Group

Edinburgh Napier MSc Applied Criminology and Forensic Psychology

Hi guys!

Has anyone ever studied the MSc Applied Criminology and Forensic Psychology at Napier? I can't see anything saying it's accredited by the BPS...

Anyone have any experience from this course, how beneficial it was in terms of further employment/potential study on doctoral programmes?

Many thanks!
If it's not clear from the website email and ask. Look at jobs you may be interested in and what their requirements are and go from there. The uni should be able to tell you about grad destinations as well. Visit if you can and see if they can put you in touch with current or recent students.
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
If it's not clear from the website email and ask. Look at jobs you may be interested in and what their requirements are and go from there. The uni should be able to tell you about grad destinations as well. Visit if you can and see if they can put you in touch with current or recent students.

Thanks for replying alleycat!

I have tried contacting the course however they have yet to get back to me. I don't think the course is accredited by the BPS nor would allow me graduate basis for chartered membership GBC once completed. I would like to in future study a doctoral in either forensic psychology or educational psychology (I am undecided and was hoping this course would make my decision for me!!). Does anyone know if completing this course will restrict me to solely forensic psychology or is a masters in psychology still provide you with entrance routes into educational psychology doctorate (plus relevant experience obviously)

Many thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest