The Student Room Group

I get so nervous when trying to chat up girls

When I see a girl I like, I go over to talk to her but suddenly I get so nervous and start jabbering like crazy and it makes me look like an idiot. Idk why I'm nervous too to be honest

I don't know how to control this behaviour. I really need tips on how I can stop getting so nervous
The only way to fix this, is to keep exposing yourself to this kind of situation.

Probably good to expand your social intelligence too, maybe also improve your appearance, anything to boost your confidence.
I agree with the above poster, just keep exposing yourself to situations that make you uncomfortable, over time, you will become comfortable.

Don't set your expectations high, don't look to get something, just go in there thinking nothing as to have a good time.

Take things slowly, try breathing exercises, once again, expose yourself to those situations.

You need to get more confident and the only way to do that is to keep doing it and to practice being comfortable with women, you could volunteer, join a club or in general, approach just 2 women a day and over time you should get better.

Feel better, go to the gym, wear a good style which fits well, have a good hairstyle, smell well, have good posture.

Good luck!
Throw yourself into the deep and hope (one day) you'll float.
Original post by Analyst89
I agree with the above poster, just keep exposing yourself

Spoiler

Yes, that.
1) confidence isn't just something you can wear on and wear off - it needs to become a defining feature of your mind. you need to undergo a psychological revolution.
2) when it comes to talking to, and hitting on, hot girls, you're going to need to learn, gradually, how to do it effectively. this takes practice. failure, more failure, and then success.
(edited 7 years ago)
Alcohol is your friend.

Edit: Obviously kidding. Do what they said.
(edited 7 years ago)
Bless you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending