The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Bateson Hall

Anyone in Bateson hall, I'm in GB/B/02/5 ... Reply with your room details to meet others before university starts.
im bateson as well, im GB/E/05/5 to a lil bit further away mate
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
I'm in GB/B/03/1 :-)
Not sure what 'GB' means but I was in B/03/3 last year, i.e. I was in B block if any of you have any questions :smile:
Original post by chloelewis97
I'm in GB/B/03/1 :-)

B/03/1 means I was in your flat last year! (B block flat 3) if you have any questions ^-^
Original post by alexpiper16
B/03/1 means I was in your flat last year! (B block flat 3) if you have any questions ^-^

That's so cool! how was the room? I haven't seen anything other than photos online so I don't really have a clue what to expect especially with the shared bathroom?
Reply 6
hi, how many showers and toilets is there in a flat?
Original post by Dolces
hi, how many showers and toilets is there in a flat?

In B block we had 1 toilet with a sink, and 1 shower. Both were separate and there's also a sink area which is also separate :smile: 5 girls in my flat and we never had a queue!
Original post by chloelewis97
That's so cool! how was the room? I haven't seen anything other than photos online so I don't really have a clue what to expect especially with the shared bathroom?

It was okay! My friend made it look super pretty with fairy lights :redface: The flat had all nice new doors put in before we left - they didn't change the bedroom doors but I think they've done that over summer :smile: If you look on Google maps then unfortunately you're on the side facing the car park (my friend didn't sleep very well so the bright likes didn't help but you won't be facing the window when you're sleep don't worry!) You're in the room closest to the flat door and furthest away from the kitchen so if you have noisy flat mates then you're in the best room possible! :biggrin:

As a warning, last year Bateson's beds were ever so slightly smaller than a single bed but when I had friends over we did manage to squeeze two people in (just!)

ALSO- You are very lucky! Our flat begged for ages to have a second fridge freezer and they gave it to us so you don't have to worry about food space. (some of my flat mates didn't help clean the fridge out so me and a friend cleaned it for ages and then had to air it out to get rid of the smell of antibacterial spray-> this is the fridge next to the cooker... maybe choose the other fridge if you can!)

There's a separate toilet with a mini sink, and then there's a door to the main sink area. If you go in there, there's a lockable door on your left where the shower is and a little bench to put stuff on and towel rail + hooks. We had 6 girls and then 5 girls in the flat and we never had a queue for the shower, honest! Only happened on some nights out, and even then we all said we were going in and no one cut the line haha.
Reply 9
Original post by danielspascott
im bateson as well, im GB/E/05/5 to a lil bit further away mate

I'm in Bateson Hall too and I'm in GB/E/08/5 so quiet close
Hey! I'll be staying at GB/A/15/5 but i've yet to find any housemates :frown: anyone here close to me?
I want to know where I can dry my clothes after I've finished my laundry?::>_<:: ::>_<::
Original post by lalalalala1215
I want to know where I can dry my clothes after I've finished my laundry?::>_<:: ::>_<::

There are tumble dryers in the same room as the washers :redface:)
I'm staying at GB/A/20/4!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending