The Student Room Group

Why aren't rich Arab countries taking in immigrants?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by F.Nietzsche

Have fun! :K:

Says the person with that location :teehee:
Original post by h4mza
There are already loads of immigrants in UAE, more than half of population isn't even Arab.

Read my first post.
I'm wondering why they haven't taken in any Syrian/Iraqi refugees. They have enough money to provide shelter, food etc. and since they share the same language (more or less), it'll be easier to assimilate. Maybe they can even start businesses...who knows.

Essentially, it's because they're greedy, selfish bastards.
Original post by JamaicanMeKrazy
Says the person with that location :teehee:

I earned it. :colonhash:
Original post by Bezoar

Yup, fair point.
I earned it. :colonhash:

Who did you blow up?
Original post by JamaicanMeKrazy
Who did you blow up?

Allah told me I can't say, there was a confidentiality clause on the contract. If I snitch I go to hell and lose the houris.
Relations between the levant and the Arabian peninsula have never been great. On the other hand Lebanon and Jordan have taken in tens of thousands of refugees
Because they're not interested in helping refugees. It'll be too inconvenient for their lazy asses.
Maybe because they weren't the ones who bombed the middle east into oblivion and are not responsible for the chaos caused by failed US, British and French interventions.
Reply 30
Original post by Bezoar

Basically this, OP
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Rich Arab countries are full of immigrants

Rich White men who avoid tax and poor Black and South Asians they exploit, OP obviously means refugees.
The don't want the Jihadists they've funded back in case they end up causing problems for them.
Reply 33
because they don't have enough brain to develop empathy. stupid nasty people.
Original post by hamzaahmad786
Maybe because they weren't the ones who bombed the middle east into oblivion and are not responsible for the chaos caused by failed US, British and French interventions.

But they are the ones who have, and continue to, finance and arm various militant groups in the region - thus artificially prolonging the conflicts!
Original post by h4mza
There are already loads of immigrants in UAE, more than half of population isn't even Arab.

Those people also aren't actual citizens.
Reply 36
Original post by hamzaahmad786
Slight factual correction. Most of the violence, killing and destruction in Syria and Iraq has been acheived through Islamic sectarianism by other Muslims. Although the Russians have recently started to get busy.

But of course, as is so often the case, reality does not sit well with ideological rhetoric, which is part of the problem in the first place.

Quick Reply

Latest