The Student Room Group

Gap year after uni - before studying medicine

Ok, so I'm going into my 3rd year of studying biomed this year. I really would like to study medicine, but don't know whether to have a gap year in between, or not. I know this would delay studies further, but I don't know if I can concentrate on my application and 3rd year projects at the same time.. Any advice?
Original post by bntanyax
Ok, so I'm going into my 3rd year of studying biomed this year. I really would like to study medicine, but don't know whether to have a gap year in between, or not. I know this would delay studies further, but I don't know if I can concentrate on my application and 3rd year projects at the same time.. Any advice?

It's still August, work on your application over summer. Lots of people don't get a place the first time round so it would be useful to gain some experience of interviews etc if you get them. Also, the places on GEM courses are decreasing so because stuff with the NHS/bursaries etc is changing so quickly, who knows what the situation will be with GEM this time next year. Probably safest to give applications a go this year and if you want a gap year next year decide nearer the time.
You know... Just do it!

Quick Reply

Latest