Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post


Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter


    I started to study at a university last year but had to leave due to ill health. I have now been offered a place at a new university but they are only able to offer me a course which includes a foundation year meaning this would be 4 years. Whilst at Glyndwr, a finance specialist there advised me there was ways to prove my reasons for leaving and therefore sort of 'clear' this year if needs be, which I never expected would have been necessary but as it has now came about, I was just wondering if you could give me more information on this?

    Thank you very much

    Hi shanchallenger

    If you have now used your gift year, as long as the new course is listed as a 4 year course, you will be eligible for funding.

Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 9, 2016
Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.