The Student Room Group

What's the one thing that will help you survive Results Day? [Golden Thread]

Scroll to see replies

The support of my friends and family... Knowing that no matter what result I get I'll always have their love💓
Prison break specifically wentworth miller's glorious face:colone:
Reply 122
Probably lots of junk food and my friends !!
Knowing that as a btec student who got 96% that I don't have to worry.
Music, food and my computer. Upbeat songs if I do good, depressing songs if bad.

(let's pray for upbeat xD)
My parents! xD They keep me sane by allowing me to drive them insane with worry.
Chant to myself that society is socially constructed and that any mortal notion of success or achievement is merely transitory and ultimately pointless as in the end we all die anyway. No honestly I don't know how I'll get through the day without some form of panic mode.
getting ABBB or better or my life will be 10x as difficult and unhappy
The thought of going for an all you can eat Chinese buffet 🙌🏼
The thought of going for an all you can eat Chinese buffet
The subjectiveness of time relative to some reference body K', meaning that in fact results day may have already occurred. Either that or a curry, not too sure :smile:
First thought: Chocolate. So much I throw up. But that probably will depress me more. So...
Reality: My friends and my cat. AND Music, lots of music!!! and the chocolate though not too much... i might have to get some in drink form (hot chocolate). If I can I might find someone to play a racket/bat and ball sport with... let the aggression/disappointment/anger (at myself) out
Had mine last year :redface:
Original post by Gtaylor98
The thought of going for an all you can eat Chinese buffet

Omg don't. Maybe I should do that too
Skittles - I'll probably eat a whole packet on the way to and from school.
My Spotify playlist entitled "bad grades" and another entitled "good grades". Self explanatory tbh.
If I do well, which I seriously doubt I have, probably the confidence that - for now, at least - I can go to my dream uni.

If I don't do well, then my parents (they are quite supportive) and my favourite music will be helping me survive and get back on track emotionally.
Original post by MatOnMotors
Music. Hopefully it won't have to be 'Fix You' by Coldplay again this year! :smile:

I still remember me listening to this last year crying on holiday with a tub of ice cream :/ Coldplay are my go to this year if I get bad grades
Original post by FairySquadMother
The support of my friends and family... Knowing that no matter what result I get I'll always have their love💓

I assume you're not Asian? Lucky... I have Childline on speed dial :s-smilie: jk
Original post by lahorizon
I still remember me listening to this last year crying on holiday with a tub of ice cream :/ Coldplay are my go to this year if I get bad grades

It's become my quintessential results day song over the last couple of years. Hoping that this year will be different, so best of luck to you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest