The Student Room Group

What excites you the most about starting uni? [Golden Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
BUMP :biggrin:
Can't wait to go on year abroad in the 3rd year. Also moving out is gonna be pretty weird so I'm kinda looking forward to that.
Meeting new people and actually doing something I am passionate about and interested in.
Can't wait to have complete independence, meet new people and be in a new environment
Reply 164
Living away from home and meeting new friends!
Definitely independence. I want to start living by myself, for myself now more than ever.

Also getting an NUS card will be pretty nice :wink:
Being able to study what I actually want to... I hated taking American literature and chemistry class in high school but had no option otherwise :frown:
living by myself. I know people say that's the most daunting part but I'm ready to make my own decisions and learn what it means to be independent.
Moving away to a new city and being independent
I'm looking forward to getting more independence and hopefully making better friends
Reply 170
Original post by ionegooding
Moving away to a new city and being independent

Original post by Charlotte541
I'm looking forward to getting more independence and hopefully making better friends

Original post by ayemariec
living by myself. I know people say that's the most daunting part but I'm ready to make my own decisions and learn what it means to be independent.

What uni are you guys off to? :biggrin:
Original post by PugDevil
What uni are you guys off to? :biggrin:

I'm going to University of Chichester 😊
Reply 172
Original post by Charlotte541
I'm going to University of Chichester 😊

Ohhh I had that down as my insurance! I really liked the look of the university and Chichester as a whole is really nice as well :h: I'm sure you will enjoy it there :tongue:
I was stupidly excited for starting uni, even now going into 3rd year I can't wait, crazy girl with dissertations just ahead! I can't wait to buy new stationary from paper chase haha! Also looking forward to making new friends throughout the year. Going to make the most out of my last undergrad year :tongue:
Year abroad will hopefully be amazing, meeting new people, exercising my extra-curricular interests such as sports in places with fantastic (not to mention free) facilities!
Meeting new lecturers
FRESHERSSS WEEEKKKK!!! 🎉 and being able to eat pizza in the library of the uni I wanna go to
For me as a mature student I'm most looking forward to expanding my knowledge in a subject that I'm most passionate about. Aswell as becoming more independent and gaining life long skills and friendships along the way :smile: X
Reply 178
Joining the societies! There are so many to choose from :smile:
Im excited for all nighters in the library before deadlines :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest