The Student Room Group

Which GCSE subject can you not wait to ditch? [golden thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shooks
maybe the best thing about finishing your gcses is that, from now on, you get to study whatever you want.

No longer will you have to sit through lessons of subjects you hate, or revise folders full of stuff you can't stand.

But which is the gcse you're most thrilled to never think of again?

this is a golden thread. join in with this discussion before 26 august 2016 to be in with a chance of winning an ipad air 2

other golden threads:

Spoiler

3) all of them
Without a doubt PE. I have the endurance of an immemorial sloth on the absolute verge of death and can't kick, hit or throw a ball of any shape or size without flailing my lanky skeleton round like a demented moron. The written test is also incredibly challenging when you take absolutely no interest whatsoever in the world of sport or physical training and are forced to spend two hellish hours sat down at an uncomfortable desk trying desperately to calm down and forget about your impending decease whilst simultaneously explaining the difference between isometric and isotonic exercise.
English! Once I was so bored in a lesson I actually thought I was going to die. I am 100% serious.
Last year I would have absolutely said French, but this year it's music. The new teachers changed the exam board from Edexcel to AQA at the beginning of year 11, something which annoyed me to no end.
PHYSICS.
I was indifferent until year 11 - I actually quite liked it in Year 10, but that was more my teacher being amazing. But in Year 11, we changed teachers, and it was like two weeks in when I just didn't get any of it - he just seemed to move on without checking to see if anyone 'got' it, and I never got it.
So the one time I physically go and find him to ask for help, I basically get called stupid; he makes me cry, and from that moment on, he moves me right to the front of the class, was constantly asking if I was okay (never got if he was being sarcastic or genuine) and whenever I never got it, he always called on me to answer questions I couldn't answer, then passive-agressively trying to teach me.

So yeah. Was so ready to drop physics. And I did! :biggrin:
My main one would be P.E and dance as I absolutely suck at both of them. In P.E, no one else passes the ball to me as I am very unsporty, so I will spend the whole lesson standing at one spot in rounders, pretending that I am doing something. I can't catch, so most of the time (if not always) I miss the ball. As for dance, my friends and I just sat in the corner, not really bothered to do much and surprisingly our dance teacher told us to just ' pretend' we are rehearsing so that if we are caught by the headteacher, she wouldn't get into any trouble. It is such a relief I don't have to do P.e at school anymore.
(edited 7 years ago)
French and Art, hated them so much!
GEOGRAPHY! It was a last minute decision which I majorly regret. My teacher hates me so the past two years were extremely challenging. GLAD it's over.
When I was doing my GCSEs I couldn't wait to drop R.S, German and Graphic products.
I disliked these and hated revising for them the most but I had to do all these subjects so I just had to endure them!
Was so good to be free of them !
GEOGRAPHY! It was a last minute decision which I majorly regret. My teacher hates me so the past two years were extremely challenging. GLAD it's over.
bio and psychics
I'm going to miss English literature because I enjoyed it.
Can't wait to get rid of art.
I actually think I'm going to miss all the subjects I'm dropping. Sure, perhaps I would never do some of them at A level but I had some good times anyway.
i despised Science and English Language
To be honest, as much as I hated Sciences throughout, by the end I learnt to love them, and I'm actually really sad to not continue studying Biology and Chemistry.

I even started liking English Lang while cramming the whole course in the last three days before the exam, but I can't say I'm sad about that one...

But overall I did like all the subjects I studied and I think it's a shame having to narrow down to 5 now :frown:
That was a few years ago for me but definitely P.E.
PHYS ED!

Original post by shooks
Maybe the best thing about finishing your GCSEs is that, from now on, you get to study whatever you want.

No longer will you have to sit through lessons of subjects you hate, or revise folders full of stuff you can't stand.

But which is the GCSE you're most thrilled to never think of again?

This is a golden thread. Join in with this discussion before 26 August 2016 to be in with a chance of winning an iPad air 2

Other golden threads:

Spoiler

Original post by octoberrain
To be honest, as much as I hated Sciences throughout, by the end I learnt to love them, and I'm actually really sad to not continue studying Biology and Chemistry.

I even started liking English Lang while cramming the whole course in the last three days before the exam, but I can't say I'm sad about that one...

But overall I did like all the subjects I studied and I think it's a shame having to narrow down to 5 now :frown:

I've just finished year 12, and I do biology and chemistry. Chemistry is really really good imo if you understand the topics well. Biology was interesting in a way, but the amount you had to learn woow.:colondollar: But really it all comes down to what you enjoy(<so important!) and what you want to do at uni.
Original post by Bulletzone
French.

High five

Quick Reply

Latest