The Student Room Group

Which GCSE subject can you not wait to ditch? [golden thread]

Scroll to see replies

English Literature can get in the bin.
GERMAN!
English and Physics, never understood anything in lessons
Frenchhh :mad:
surprised at the number of times a language has been mentioned, I can't believe every post here isn't MATHS :s-smilie:
Auf Wiedersehen Deutsch!

Posted from TSR Mobile
English lit and physics - I hated them so much!
Definitely German- 5 years wasted on that **** and I can't even speak it decently well (it's a wonder I got an A* in one of my speakings!)

Also Physics- it was just too confusing and chronically boring yet fortunately I didn't do the entire course as I only did OCR Additional (radioactivity was still fun though).

ICT- we were forced to take it but I enjoyed Activity 3; it became really fun towards the end when the teacher finally realised we were a completely different bunch of students to the ones she had in her previous school.

I gave up most of the lessons I despised in Year 9 so I had a relatively enjoyable GCSE experience. My biggest mistake was definitely Art, but I still enjoyed it: the teacher was lovely and it was a great atmosphere. It was just a bit annoying when the two other people on my table were getting A*'s with flying colours and I was stuck on a C.
OH MY LORD definitely MEDIA
Maths, French, Science,My Computer Science teacher not the subject - i love the subject, History
Reply 130
English
SPANISH! Because I'm just too bloody English.
Maths and Spanish..I'm absolutely sick of them both! As long as I can get a B grade or above in them, then move on, I'll be unbelievably happy.
I love reading but hated English lessons.. kind of liked bs-ing about alliteration and the use of caesuras though.
Original post by shooks
Maybe the best thing about finishing your GCSEs is that, from now on, you get to study whatever you want.

No longer will you have to sit through lessons of subjects you hate, or revise folders full of stuff you can't stand.

But which is the GCSE you're most thrilled to never think of again?

This is a golden thread. Join in with this discussion before 26 August 2016 to be in with a chance of winning an iPad air 2

Other golden threads:

Spoiler

Quite a few actually.
Starting from History down to English Literature and Arabic.
OMG Arabic was down right the worst subject ever.
Probably English Language.
I've already ditched most of the subjects I hated(DT, Music, Latin, RS, History, Geography). It'll be hard for me to choose A-Levels(If all goes well with my GCSE's) xD
Don't miss Physics at all, evil subject. Though it's been popping up in my degree :frown:
Music
English 🤗

Quick Reply

Latest