Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Required to withdraw, where do I go from here...

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad course - waste of time? 17-10-2016

I had breakdowns upon receiving the letter. I have been in the University for about 2 years. Upon. failing 5 courses of the total 10 courses because I do not have the resources or money to take more. I have received an incredibly low gpa from the result of my failed grades. I have already accepted that everything was my mistake, for sccumbing to my depression upon seeing a low mark on my tests or papers I would always let that detor me from doing any better because I am rooted in the thought of, "what's the use if this is all I can get." I have already established a plan, retake the courses I have failed online that accepts rtw students and then get back into that University but in open studies not by readdmiting into my program because I do need to do more upgrading before I can get back into University.However, because I will be taking online courses and open studies I am afraid that I will not be able to recieve loans to fund my academic process. I really do not have the money to fund it myself, I am trying to find a job sending resumes everywhere. But hypothetically speaking even if I get back into University and get into my required program whats the use... Rtw stays on my transcript will places even hire me with that... I am really at a lost...

Don't think uni is for you, you seem a bibit immature

Is this the UK?

Its all a bit unclear.

If you had a medical issue such as depression, then dod uoi get it diagnosed, by your GP , were you receiving treatment? If you were ill then maybe you cna appeal for extenuating circumstances, but they have to know about things to do anything. You should explore that possibility by yalking to your tutor or ab advisor at your SU. Maybe even the careers people.

there is normally a wat round things, but you will need to tiday up what happened at uni and explore every avenue to make sure you havent missed soemthing. If you were geuinely medically ill, then you may be able to appeal about funding. Book an appointment with an advisor as son as you can.

(Original post by Rorytymon)
    Don't think uni is for you, you seem a bibit immature
    How do you equate being depressed with immaturity?

Just to be clear its not impossible to sort out, but you will have to speak to other people that know the system and can make sure your interests are represented,

You are depressed. I suggest you give yourself a break and get yourself someone to talk to and work through with this depression first. Slowly, you will realise after that when your mind is clearer what you need to and what you can do. What is best for you!
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you want to know what your pet is thinking about you?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.