The Student Room Group

Space Judgement and Test Nerves

I have my second test booked for next Friday, my previous test was two and a half months ago, failed with 1 major and 6 minors. The major being "Meeting", I tried to get past a stationery truck that I shouldn't have attempted.

My first question is:
Do you have any tricks/tips for judging whether my car can fit through a space?
It's my weakest point. On narrower roads (due to cars parked up on the opposite side) and I have right of way, I still egde towards to pavement a little bit because I'm not comfortable, but my instructor insists that I have room. And on roads where I don't have right of way and the obstruction is on my side, I hold back thinking I don't have room and it's safer to wait and my instructor insists that there's loads of room and I should just go.
I know my safest bet is to hold off and wait, but then I could be failed for hesitation.

My second question is:
How, with all this pressure (see below), do I calm my nerves on test day?

There is a lot of pressure on me from all angles of my life, home, work and education to pass my test. If I don't pass this time, I will have to wait another three months before I can try again.

If I don't pass, I won't be able to apply for my masters course starting in Jan because I'd never be able to juggle work and education, I won't be able to support my brothers or see them as much as I want to as they moved away to live with family after both of our parents died last year at the moment it's once a month, but if I drove, I could go more regularly. Also, my boss is expecting me to pass, I work a little out of the way and it involves a small bit of travelling for meetings every now and then, at the moment he's been driving me, but he'll be expecting me to attend meetings alone soon.

I know it's not the end of the world if I don't pass, but it's another three months before I can do all the things listed above. My major reason for driving is so I can see my brothers whenever and not rely on other people or public transport, that'll be another three months I won't be able to do that and it's upsetting to think of.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending