Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

I didn't transfer?

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad? Are they even worth it? Have your say! 26-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    Hi, I attended university in the academic year 2014/2015. However, I left at the end of it, and instead reapplied for a different university through UCAS for 2016/2017 entry. I applied for student finance and recently they contacted me to tell me the university I'm going to start at needs to confirm that I transferred to them, but they can't because I didn't transfer. I phoned student finance, and they told me I need to fill out and send off the pn-1 form. But it seems to be the same form I filled out online for a new application. Do I need to restart the application then, and if so couldn't I do that online rather than printing off the form?


    It sounds like you may have completed PR 1 form which is for continuing students.

    If you've started a different course at a different University then you're classed as a new student and this is probably why you've been advised to complete a PN 1 form and return it.

    You won't be able to apply online as the existing application is still on the system. I'd suggest you complete the PN 1 as soon as possible and send this to us at

    Student Finance England
    PO Box 210
    DL1 9HJ

Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 4, 2016
What were/are your predicted grades?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.