The Student Room Group

Im costing my mum so much

Hey I'm 15 years of age,
I feel like I'm costing my mum so much the older I get. Im only 15 years old but I am 6 months away from 16.

I would like to get a job to take stress off her hands for asking for so much money and wanting things.
I would like to have any suggestion about what I could do or where I could work so I can help with this issue.
Any ideas would be useful

Thanks
Original post by micayla
Hey I'm 15 years of age,
I feel like I'm costing my mum so much the older I get. Im only 15 years old but I am 6 months away from 16.

I would like to get a job to take stress off her hands for asking for so much money and wanting things.
I would like to have any suggestion about what I could do or where I could work so I can help with this issue.
Any ideas would be useful

Thanks

That's having children for you.

Children cost a bomb.

(psst: serious advice: if you're worried about this, go get a job, so you have your own income. It'd make her proud.)
First of all, don't be feeling guilty about her buying food, getting school supplies, ect. Anything else, I'd probably say to start looking for jobs. It teaches you so much about budgeting. My parents pay for anything I need (like bus fair, school trips) but anything that I want (like new clothes or DVDs) I pay for myself using my money from work. I have two jobs and earn money online as well so I feel comfortable enough to not be in a position to ask for any extra cash.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending