Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

UK Citizen living and working outside the UK - Postgraduate finance available?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    Hey, just wondering if anyone knows if you are a UK citizen but you live and work outside the UK, can you still apply for a postgraduate loan to study with an English university online?

    Much appreciated.


    You’re eligible if you:are under 60ordinarily live in Englanddon’t already have a master’s degree or higher qualificationIt doesn’t depend on personal or family income.

    You can get the Postgraduate Loan if all of the following apply:you’re a UK or EU national, or have ‘settled status’, so there are no restrictions on how long you can stayyou normally live in England, and didn’t move there just to studyyou’ve been living in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for 3 years before starting your course

Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 4, 2016
Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.