The Student Room Group

Ucas Teacher Training Application

hi,
I have been having trouble with my Ucas Teacher training Application, I have completed every section but it won't let me past the check form, I checked with Universities early on in the year over my Maths and they said they would accept me but the information on UCAS says I don't qualify for my chosen unis. But now I have found out that Universities have changed their entry qualifications, which means I can't go any further.

The only option I have is to resit my GCSE Maths this academic year.

Does anyone know what the status of Tuition fees will be for 2017 as I don't want to end up gaining a C next August realising that I am not Entitled to Student loan, due to government changes.
Any Advice much appreciated,
Reply 1
Original post by Jessica 321
hi,
I have been having trouble with my Ucas Teacher training Application, I have completed every section but it won't let me past the check form, I checked with Universities early on in the year over my Maths and they said they would accept me but the information on UCAS says I don't qualify for my chosen unis. But now I have found out that Universities have changed their entry qualifications, which means I can't go any further.

The only option I have is to resit my GCSE Maths this academic year.

Does anyone know what the status of Tuition fees will be for 2017 as I don't want to end up gaining a C next August realising that I am not Entitled to Student loan, due to government changes.
Any Advice much appreciated,

Hi, I have moved your post to the Education & Teaching forum.
Reply 2
Hi,

It has always been a requirement that candidates have at least the equivalent of a C in GCSE Maths in order to train to become a teacher.

The key changes that have been announced thus far for 2017 are that some universities will be able to increase their tuition fees up to £9,250, which in turn, means that the maximum financial support available via Student Finance will increase too. There certainly hasn't been anything to suggest that student loans will not be available to new students in 2017.
Reply 3
Original post by Pierson
Hi,

It has always been a requirement that candidates have at least the equivalent of a C in GCSE Maths in order to train to become a teacher.

The key changes that have been announced thus far for 2017 are that some universities will be able to increase their tuition fees up to £9,250, which in turn, means that the maximum financial support available via Student Finance will increase too. There certainly hasn't been anything to suggest that student loans will not be available to new students in 2017.

Thanks. If i retake my GCSE maths and gain a C I will be able to apply for PGCE and get Student loan. Thanks
Reply 4
I don't think the student loan is going anywhere any time soon.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending