The Student Room Group

18 year old at Eton College. Anything to ask?

Scroll to see replies

Sorry another question from me. Years ago it was a well known fact that to go to Eton the parents had to put their son's name down from birth to be offered a place. Is this still true?
Reply 61
Original post by HarryD97
I'm a 18 year old at Eton College. If you have any questions, post them below and I will try and answer them the best I can!

How did you pay the £35K a year?
I'm a 18 year old at Eton College. If you have any questions, post them below and I will try and answer them the best I can!

How much does your family pay per year?
We shall wait and see when the results are released. I am in final year but I have applied for Oxford, Cambridge, LSE and University Of Birmingham. It's more of a natural thing when you get to this age to apply for Oxbridge because our beaks (teachers) slowly push you toward it and so do your parents!

So already you've shown yourself to be a liar.

That didn't take long did it...
Sorry, I should of been more clear, all universities I mentioned I applied for internally. A sort of mock selection is the best way to explain it. And with the help of my beaks, I narrowed it down. All those universities were my original options, but there are only two on my official UCAS form- Oxford and UoB

This is like a child lying through his teeth :rofl:

So first you tell us that you applied to both Oxford and Cambridge in the same cycle, then you tell us that by 'apply' you meant 'apply internally', and by 'apply internally' you meant 'not apply at all', only consider applying. And now you're telling us you only bothered applying to two universities, those being Oxford and Birmingham.

I don't like the smell of fish.
How many ethnic minorities are there? Is there a lot of racism?

This is the most ridiculous thread/post I have seen on here. This is exactly what is wrong with this stupid forum - everyone is madly in love with anything and everything Oxbridge, Eton/Harrow/Winchester and other elitist institutions.

What is the purpose of this post exactly, HarryD97? What kind of questions would others possibly have to ask? No one cares that you are pretending to study at Eton. And if you actually do study at Eton, then the existence of this post is even sadder. Why would you need to boast (because that's what it seems like you are doing) about studying at Eton? Trust me, no one cares!!

Seriously, if you're lying or not - go and do something constructive with your life rather than posting ridiculous lies on TSR. Find a purpose in your life. You need it.

Good luck!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Josb
How did you pay the £35K a year?

Usually parents pay the fees. Not many 12 year olds have £35k laying around.
I actually agree with scruffyjoe to an extent, why is everybody treating this guy like some sort of celebrity? If this person is genuine then its kind of narcissistic to start a thread with a subtext such as "hey poor people, ask me what its like to be posh and part of an elite schooling system. We write with quills made of the purest gold whilst you get a half price bus pass for your pessy wagons. If its a lie...well....say no more

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 69
Original post by KingLhasaApso
I actually agree with scruffyjoe to an extent, why is everybody treating this guy like some sort of celebrity? If this person is genuine then its kind of narcissistic to start a thread with a subtext such as "hey poor people, ask me what its like to be posh and part of an elite schooling system. We write with quills made of the purest gold whilst you get a half price bus pass for your pessy wagons. If its a lie...well....say no more

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is not my intention. I want to answer any legitimate questions that you have.
Reply 70
Original post by markova21
Sorry another question from me. Years ago it was a well known fact that to go to Eton the parents had to put their son's name down from birth to be offered a place. Is this still true?

Used to happen. But that changed many years ago so the answer is no.
Reply 71
Original post by MessyEffy
How many ethnic minorities are there? Is there a lot of racism?

Quite a few actually. No not at all.
Reply 72
Original post by Abstract_Prism
This is like a child lying through his teeth :rofl:

So first you tell us that you applied to both Oxford and Cambridge in the same cycle, then you tell us that by 'apply' you meant 'apply internally', and by 'apply internally' you meant 'not apply at all', only consider applying. And now you're telling us you only bothered applying to two universities, those being Oxford and Birmingham.

I don't like the smell of fish.

I don't think one understands. By applying internally, I don't mean applying to the university internally but having a mock selection at school. So I applied for all of those on an Eton form. Then teachers help you narrow it down to just a few for your UCAS form.
I don't think one understands.

1468367538941.png

'Oh my Rupert, this smoked salmon and avocado is simply delightful, innit.'
The amount of BS posted by the OP is laughable, he isn't/wasn't attending Eton College

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
Original post by Sacred Ground
The amount of BS posted by the OP is laughable, he isn't/wasn't attending Eton College

Posted from TSR Mobile

Want proof? I can deliver on that when I get home.
I hope you actually go to eton as if so then this is an interesting and insightful thread as to the life of an eton student
Want proof? I can deliver on that when I get home.

Ofc the proof would have to be delivered another time eh? Typical. Mate, to each their own - if you enjoy living a fantasy, go wild.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Spurred on by the OP I went and had a look at their website. Their fees are actually nowhere near as high as I always imagined. For instance fees for an 11 year old at the Royal Ballet School in Richmond Park Surrey, are £30,000 a year. The training takes 8 years. Although you are assessed annually and if not good enough have to leave. However the vast majority of pupils there go there on an MDS; a Music and Dance Scheme which is an award paid by the Government for outstandingly gifted youngsters.[ Also Elmhurst School for Dance in Birmingham, Tring Park School for the Performing Arts and the Hammond School,Chester]. I think at all of those top classical ballet schools nearly every pupil there gets financial assistance. You're accepted on the basis of correct physical aptitude and talent alone.

Quick Reply

Latest