The Student Room Group

My close friend blocked me and hung up on me for no reason?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Yeah I know and there's no way of me meeting her this summer. I genuinely don't know why she doesn't want anything to do with me anymore.

Are you in the same uni course ? Like how did u meet her

No we're not, and through mutual friends
Eq
Have you got back in contact with her.
Reply 24
Dude, girls are girls. They're hard to configure, their brains hardly calibrate. I got into a similar situation as you, I sang a romantic song to a friend and she misinterpreted it. She asked me, 'What am I to you'? I said, Your lover and friend. I got blocked.

I suggest, you wait a couple of months. Don't do the slightest of communication with her, that involves liking her IG pics or so on.
If there are any other social media sites you have with her of which she has not blocked you on, communicate on that.
Say, 'You're sorry'.
I wouldn't waste my time with someone like that. Clearly no respect for you if she can't even tell you why she has decided she doesn't want anything to do with you. It's very immature and cowardly to simply block someone with no explanation. I'd keep your dignity and just leave her be. Focus on your other friendships. I know it hurts, but clearly she's made her mind up and you can't force someone to be friends with you. Just tell yourself; her loss.
Reply 26
Original post by Kre
Won't find blokes doing that, unless it's discussing the size of our cocks.

Original post by Kendrik Lamar
And even that takes a little excess familiarity

You chaps clearly weren't privately educated :cookie:
I had a friend on ROBLOX that I had known for almost 2 years. I asked him if he wanted to play a game and he said sure, when I told him to join me, he said ok. After that he removed me from his friends for no reason, I tried adding him back but he declined and blocked me.
Reply 28

0 she must be scared straight up Jack cuz you sound down 2 earth
"Ghosting is the ultimate use of the silent treatment, a tactic that has often been viewed by mental health professionals as a form of emotional cruelty. It essentially renders you powerless and leaves you with no opportunity to ask questions or be provided with information that would help you emotionally process the experience. It silences you and prevents you from expressing your emotions and being heard, which is important for maintaining your self-esteem.

Regardless of the ghoster’s intent, ghosting is a passive-aggressive interpersonal tactic that can leave psychological bruises and scars."

I hate being ghosted on , happens to me way too much
I had the same problem less than 2 weeks ago, because of pitty stuff, my
I'll like to know what later happened because the same thing happened to me except i didn't tell her about any sexual stuff we talked fine few days ago I just decided to call her the next day and as soon as she picked and heard my voice she hung up (I think she deleted my no.) It hurts a lot because this is a friend I'd do anything for I left her a lot of messages on Whatsapp but she never read it , I also left on insta and others but same thing, I told other friends to talk to her and see but she never said anything. My mom even called her but she never picked I later realized she blocked me on all her socials her family aren't talking to me too it just really makes me sad . I try to tell myself that I should forget about her and that she didn't really care but I feel so terrible. It hurts me more she couldn't just tell me what I did she's someone I'd actually give a lot for. SIGH I don't even know anymore
Reply 32
ik what you went through. the same, literally the same happened to me. my bestie (idk if she really thought of me as her bestie, bcs she never expressed her feelings much).we were together in college for 2 years. we were totally diff personalities. i was the very innocent and child kind of person on the other side she was the bold, had did drugs once in a while, smoked, loved going clubs and drink alcohol(which i think was'nt good cause we were under 18). regardless of that she was a very good person to me. and i would always be good to those who were nice to me. eventually she was the only close frnd in the college so i often talked to her. but as soon as our college was off i tried calling her and it rung but either she cut the line or never pick up so i thought she might be busy and decided ill call her later. after few days i called her again she kept cutting the call. and then i realised she blocked me. i was confused as you that why did she block me. i was'nt able to contact, i only had her phone number, no other social media, on text she would ghost me.

first i kept wondering in tension slowly the feeling turned into guilt for no reason i started thinking i'm the bad one here and i did something wrong. then I came to my senses and said to myself that I did'nt do anything wrong.

after few days i came to the conclusion, that maybe she did'nt want to contact me and talk to me bcs i'm boring and no longer needed me.
she had ditched me.
it ****ed me.
now i had no other way to contact her, ask her what's the reason.

so now i decided to do the same and forget her fully. let go off her. bcs we ain't going to meet again, there's no reason left for us.

I blocked her as well (cs why not). deleted her contact. and now i can forget her completely.

its seems weird how we spent time together in the past and now were off like non existing for each other. went off without a good bye. but ppl like her don't deserve goodbyes. they need the proper reaction of what they did to us. so now i'm trying to forget her all.

that was my side of the story. i needed to say this bcs i feel you. so just forget her now. some people are better off without goodbyes. and better not ask the reason for the stupid thing they did.
Reply 33
Hi, I know my reply is very late, and none of this matters to you by now but still, for your benefit and for the benefit of anyone else reading. I’m one of those people who ghost other people. Not frequently, but on occasion, I did it to three people who cared, and asked and followed up trying to resolve something, and a bunch of folks who frankly didn’t notice. I want to assure you that this behavior has nothing to do with you but everything to do with the person ghosting. My first situation was this high school friend who was a refugee living in a foster home. I felt bad for her but was also nothing more than kind. She would invite me to her birthday and I wouldn’t invite her to mine, and other than being polite, I really never did anything to foster the relationship. When she left my school I signed a card saying “if you ever need to talk, I’m here”, but again, more of a procedural thing. Years later she told me it meant a lot to her that note, I guess I never realized how alone she was. Over the years she kept in touch and some 5 years later she broke up with her boyfriend and had way too much free time and started calling every day and wanting to hang out constantly. I went along with it for a while. Truth be told she was a fine person, nothing wrong with her, but I didn’t like her energy. She spoke a bit loud and moved her arms when she spoke and after seeing her I felt filled with anxiety due to our mismatch, I’m very zen. I just found her way too aggressive. One day I finally had enough and I just stopped picking up the phone. She wanted to try and resolve things but from my perspective there wasn’t anything to resolve. I couldn’t ask her to change her energy for me, that was impossible, and it would only hurt her feelings if I did say it. So I just vanished, avoiding the hard conversation that would go nowhere. Same happened with a bunch of people. At some point there is no compatibility and it’s as simple as that. Don’t dwell on things, just know that the relationship wouldn’t have worked and the ghosted just saved you some time and angst.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending