The Student Room Group

Clint Eastwood Slams ‘Pussy Generation’.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Robby2312
There's no set requirement to be a proper man or a woman.Its not like you have to pass a test to be a proper man or woman.Men who cry are still men and Ive never understood why men shouldnt cry.If you cry when you sad then you're a human.Thats what humans do and to pretend that men dont have emotions is stupid and is probably why the suicide rate is so high.

Tears don't solve problems, feed your children and keep your family safe, actions do. That's what being a man is about.
As opposed to the good old days when everyone but White, Straight, Christian males had to be politically correct or risk harsh repurcussions which they were powerless to defend themselves from.

Apparently the Hmong cast had a different opinion on Gran Torino:
https://thebottomline.as.ucsb.edu/2011/01/gran-torino-actor-reveals-behind-the-scenes-racism
(edited 7 years ago)
First step towards redemption. Get rid of career politicians who are only interested in raising their own profile, enriching themselves and getting themselves elected. Only allow people who have created genuine businesses to serve as senators, mp's etc.
Reply 63
“The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise.” - Socrates.

In other words: person from previous generation considers those of a newer generation weaker and inferior to their generation. Water is wet.
Which film was that? Tbh Im not really familiar with him.I mean obviously I've heard of him but I dont think Ive ever watched any of his movies.Anyway he said hes voting for trump in that article so that pretty much tells you all you need to know about him.

Does it? Are people that simple and easy to pigeonhole?

Check out Gran Torino and come back to me.
Original post by KingBradly
Does it? Are people that simple and easy to pigeonhole?

Check out Gran Torino and come back to me.

Ok maybe hes not a racist.Its just that old people do tend to be more racist than the younger generation.I can still judge him for voting for Trump though, the mans quite clearly an idiot and how hes even taken seriously as presidential candidate is beyond me.
Original post by nemomeimpunit1
First step towards redemption. Get rid of career politicians who are only interested in raising their own profile, enriching themselves and getting themselves elected. Only allow people who have created genuine businesses to serve as senators, mp's etc.

What has running a business got to do with having a successful political career?
Ok maybe hes not a racist.Its just that old people do tend to be more racist than the younger generation.I can still judge him for voting for Trump though, the mans quite clearly an idiot and how hes even taken seriously as presidential candidate is beyond me.

The Gran Torino film isn't all that it is made to sound like, the Hmong cast certainly didn't think so.
Original post by Fullofsurprises

Doesn't stop him being a complete jerk on politics, but then why go to actors for political advice?

Is it because he is a pro-choice, pro-same sex marriage, anti-war advocate of gun control that you don't like him very much?
Reply 69

Trump graduated from what is probably the most prestigious business school in the world (the Wharton School). He's not an idiot.
Original post by Josb
Trump graduated from what is probably the most prestigious business school in the world (the Wharton School). He's not an idiot.

There seems to be this fallacy that just because you're educated means you're intelligent.Thats wrong.Prince Charles went to cambridge and prince william went to saint Andrews.David Cameron went to oxford I wouldnt say any of those people seem to be particularly intelligent.In the same way I'd rate someone doing theoretical physics at say keele over someone doing history of art at oxford.Just because he graduated from a prestigous school doesnt mean hes clever.How wealthy are his parents?You sure that had nothing to do with him getting in.
Reply 71
There seems to be this fallacy that just because you're educated means you're intelligent.Thats wrong.Prince Charles went to cambridge and prince william went to saint Andrews.David Cameron went to oxford I wouldnt say any of those people seem to be particularly intelligent.In the same way I'd rate someone doing theoretical physics at say keele over someone doing history of art at oxford.Just because he graduated from a prestigous school doesnt mean hes clever.How wealthy are his parents?You sure that had nothing to do with him getting in.

I didn't say he was intelligent (although I think he is), I said he was not an idiot. That is different.
This thread would be better if the title lost the last word in it*
Original post by Josb
I didn't say he was intelligent (although I think he is), I said he was not an idiot. That is different.

Why do you think hes intelligent? Hes the worst kind of republican and even a lot of them didnt want him as the nominee.Hes also extremely orange.
Why do you think hes intelligent? Hes the worst kind of republican and even a lot of them didnt want him as the nominee.Hes also extremely orange.

He was saying that Trump was not an idiot, not that he is intelligent. I think that Trump knows his stuff when it comes to running a business, but that he is an idiot when it comes to politics. Either it's that or he talks like one to attract the more simple-minded voters.
Original post by Trapz99
People are too scared to say what they think because they're scared of offending people with their views and concerns. Trump isn't scared to say things that might offend a few people.

So Trump is an ********* and this is somehow a good thing?
Reply 76

Trump knows what he is doing, playing the fool is his strategy (which has worked so far). It's not something new among the Republicans, many have played that game.
John Stewart exposed it at Fox News: http://www.cc.com/video-clips/ahba3f/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-gretchen-carlson-dumbs-down

Anti intellectualism remains unfortunately strong in the USA.
notice how most right wingers will moan endlessly about left wing celebrities giving their opinion on trump - "they should just stick to Hollywood movies, not politics"

but when it's a celebrity supporting trump and getting involved in politics...*crickets*
86 years old, isn't he? :tongue:
Original post by nulli tertius
Is it because he is a pro-choice, pro-same sex marriage, anti-war advocate of gun control that you don't like him very much?

Actually, to be fair to him, in the past it's true that he has been a progressive figure. Even his violent movies like The Outlaw Josey Wales often had an anti-war, anti-corruption message. I think he's gone slightly dotty in his old age unfortunately. It's a shame, because he has been a hugely talented man.

Quick Reply

Latest