The Student Room Group

Anyone else worried about their future ? AS Results

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rigby16
I genuinely thought i'd achieved ACD after the exams but looking at the grade boundaries i'm now expecting AAA/AAB I've learnt that there's always a surprise and anything can happen :smile:

what subjects do you take?
Original post by fw1298
Physics was not pleasant.. especially the 2nd paper. Best if luck, I left out 30 marks worth on paper 2.

OCR?
Reply 162
My subjects are Biology, Chemistry, French & Spanish.
I think the languages were fine, however Biology was a mixed bag - results could go either way with it, when it comes to biology, you could copy straight from the textbook sometimes and it could still be wrong.
I am panicking for Chemistry. I lost track of time and missed out several pages of the exam. I'm worried that this is going to affect my uni application what with predicted grades (I want to apply for Medicine).
Wish I worked harder earlier on in the year :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, a couple of hours left
Reply 164
I got an email from my Head of Sixth telling me I've got to attend a meeting to discuss my ways forward for next year.

I think he means that I've failed. I really don't want to panic but it's making my head go crazy before results day
Im so scared because I just want good grades, so I can get good predicted ones. But i didnt sit one exam that went well. Best of luck to everyone :h:
Original post by money-for-all
Maths, Physics , Bio , Chem

how about you ?

hi I study maths, economics and chemistry, but I didn't take my chemistry exam this year because I knew I would flop. do you think uni's would still consider me with only 2 as grades?
Original post by physicsamor
Im so scared because I just want good grades, so I can get good predicted ones. But i didnt sit one exam that went well. Best of luck to everyone :h:

I'm starting to feel the same, good luck though!:smile: you'll be fine!
Original post by SteamboatMickey
Oh wow, that does seem like a nightmare. Well if it helps I didn't even answer question three, only a little first paragraph attempt. I was aiming for an A and to be applying to Cambridge in October, but I bet I'll end up getting a low C or something like that :redface:

I've been getting A grades all year but our teacher was so nice, I can't help but be apprehensive that she was a lenient marker. Even though she said she's not, despite being such a nice teacher.

Honestly, I messed up some key theorists and it just went awful. :frown:

What do you think the grade boundaries might be? Are you going to be staying up for them just in case they get released early morning??

Okay I know I already replied to this but have you got your results for english language? I hope you got the grade you wanted!!!!!!!
Got my results and done pretty bad tbh, need to make up for it next year.
Maths : A - 92%
Fmaths : C because of decision maths, got 50% in D1 FML
Physics : C but it doesn't count this year anyway
Physics I was the only person in my entire year to get an A in the mock but the new spec was brutal for me. Further maths I wanted atleast a B, but it's just a learning curve I guess. The modules I worked hard for I got the grades. I got AAABCD across my 6 modules in maths and the D was complete lack of work so atleast I acknowledge my mistakes
Okay, so I answered to this thread a few weeks ago.
But considering my results, I'm changing my answer to a strong YES.

I got ABCD in my results (I have no idea but I'm so glad I didn't take 5 and tempt fate)
But the D was the one I felt most confident about - and now I think I've royally messed up...
How did everyone do?
Original post by EstelOfTheEyrie
Okay, so I answered to this thread a few weeks ago.
But considering my results, I'm changing my answer to a strong YES.

I got ABCD in my results (I have no idea but I'm so glad I didn't take 5 and tempt fate)
But the D was the one I felt most confident about - and now I think I've royally messed up...

It could've been worse! Congrats on the A though, what subject did you get the D in? Is it old spec?
(edited 7 years ago)
I wanted to apply for History at Cambridge. I got AAB.

A - English lit
A - English language
B - History

I got 60/60 in paper one for History, and then I messed up (or the examiner messed up) paper 2, which I was most comfortable with. I came out with a high B but I'm so upset because I really wanted to apply for Cambridge this year.

Going to get paper 2 remarked but :angry: I'm so upset to be honest. I've been the best in History at my college all year.
Reply 174
Really surprised myself with my results, I got
Maths-A
Economics-A
History-A
Original post by Sheek1234
It could've been worse! Congrats on the A though, what subject did you get the D in? Is it old spec?

No, the D was in the new spec for psychology :frown:
I'd been doing brilliant all year, so to drop like 2/3 grades at the end really put me off.
Reply 176
Original post by Nowen
Really surprised myself with my results, I got
Maths-A
Economics-A
History-A

If you don't mind me asking, how did you revise????
Reply 177
Original post by RZA17
If you don't mind me asking, how did you revise????

For maths I watched examsolutions videos, they are absolutely brilliant to revise from. After I had a firm understanding of each topic I then just did past papers continuously for around 6 months.

Economics I did practically the same. The hardest part of economics is evaluation and so I went through every past paper specifically looking at marks schemes to understand what they wanted from my answers. I then attempted some papers in exam conditions like maths. With economics it's about understanding every possible ramification of an event but then using theory to support which event is most likely. I got a pretty high A in economics( 115 for an A and I got 132/160)

History was a hard one. I must have read my history textbook through about 3 times and then made flashcards to summarise. It's not only understanding events and root causes for them, like economics you have to evaluate and attach significance to each cause. I attempted exam questions and then got my teacher to mark them to see if I went wrong and also to see where I could improve on.

Hope this helps.
Nowen, pardon me for being sceptical, but are you saying you started doing past papers continuosly from January? (Jan-june)

Personally I am saying bye bye to Cambridge (even though I thought I could have applied there) after getting a B in further maths (and they basicly want 4 a levels!) so that sucks. I want to do economics so hopefully I get an offer at Oxford or LSE! Otherwise UCL
Sent my first draft personal statement to my bio teacher yippeeee screw u AS grades my PS will be MENTAL VIVA L'UNI

Quick Reply

Latest