Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Uni friends deserting me postgraduation

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

It's so annoying, I think I made good friends at uni but the majority of them just stopped talking to me/responding to my messages. I guess I should have seen it coming since the graduation day. For example, there was this girl I knew for 3 years. Helped her a bit in a few of her modules and she invited me to her birthday party and everything. On graduation day I saw her and said hi and she aired the **** out of me like I'm one of the statues. If it wasn't graduation day, I would have rinsed her out but decided to keep it to myself until a few days later. I texted her if she saw me and asked her what she did to celebrate. Blocked.

So this is what I get as gratitude or for being a friend. My other friends are starting to blank me too, I would try to initiate conversation but they just blank me or just make the conversation so dry. As I said, I helped these people a lot at uni and they helped me as well, we hung out while at uni and now that uni is over they gonna throw me onto the curb and leave me stranded.

They were never my friends it seems, but the cheek of it to just air me after knowing each other for 3-4 years is a ****ing joke. Now I only have 1 or 2 people that I talk to regularly and they work so it's hard to meet up with them and chill. I'm running out of friends, argh!

What the hell? Can anyone else relate to this? What can I do? Sorry for the rant!

friends come and go, it's pretty normal... try not to stress about it, some people make life long friends at school, others 6th form, others uni, others not until they're in work etc

99% of people you meet in adulthood are temporary unfortunately.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

I want...
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.