The Student Room Group

In what way has bullying affected your life?

Reply 1
Made me feel pretty worthless and suicidal at the time. And I'm usually apprehensive around new social circles because I'm afraid that it may happen again. But the only good thing that has come from it is that I'm stronger(than yesterdaaaay...) than ever before, I came out much stronger as a result.
IMO. I think getting bullied at a young age actually made me develop into a more mentally (and physically) stronger character. If not, I'd be with the counterproductive kids right now smoking weed and drinking alcohol 24/7.
(edited 7 years ago)
That's good to hear
It has made me a stronger person.
Ain't.
Bullying really sucks, but sometimes it shows you who your true friends are - who's willing to stand up for you and have your back, and who's too weak to say anything and just stays passive.
Reply 7
Made me a more vocal and outgoing person (oddly enough...)
Wouldn't say it was bullying as such, just ignorant kids. I had lots of racial abuse in primary school as I was one of the few people who weren't white. Made me hate being black and wishing I was white for a long period of time before I realised these kids were just a product of what they learnt from their racist parents and peers.
Original post by umar39
Made me a more vocal and outgoing person (oddly enough...)

Oh the irony..
I was 11 years old but I learn't to fight back
Reply 11
Original post by davidguettafan

To keep things very brief - I was bullied at some stage of my life when I underperformed in an exam, them arrogant kids kept mocking me and it did hurt mentally. It also lowered my self esteem. I know underperforming in an exam isn't the end of the world but to have people mocking you just isn't right, bullying is simply bullying and it must stop! I stand by that.
Original post by JTran38
To keep things very brief - I was bullied at some stage of my life when I underperformed in an exam, them arrogant kids kept mocking me and it did hurt mentally. It also lowered my self esteem. I know underperforming in an exam isn't the end of the world but to have people mocking you just isn't right, bullying is simply bullying and it must stop! I stand by that.

Do you think teachers do enough to stop bullying though?

Quick Reply

Latest